3-Tier Structure Burner Recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mannish

Reaction score
I just had a buddy weld up a 3-tier gravity style structure for me and I'm at the point where I need some burners so we can weld on the keggle and burner supports (want to have the burners in hand before we light the torch).

I see a lot of people using the Banjo burners (like the BG14 from Bayou) but I'm not sure what the best/most efficient way to mount them would be. I'm only planning burners on the top and bottom tiers with a shelf in the middle tier to support an "orange cooler" mash tun.

Any tips would be appreciated.

I went with the 23 tip jet burners, but I wish I would have went with the 10 tip model or the banjo burner. If you look long enough on here you will find that most users of the 23 tip have choked it down. I have a banjo on my turkey fryer and it seems to burn more efficiently.

Check out the pic of my three tier for reference. It is a copy of Mullerbrau's rig from the NB forums.

Back