kenmore mine fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dencob1

Reaction score
does anyone know if you can drill through the top of a kenmore 4.6 cu. ft. mini fridge, model # 183.94679, for a tower tap

You can try doing the corn startch and alcohol spread across the top and watch where it dries for compressor lines like this:

I have the sanyo in the video and this worked nicely. I had to remove the plastic top part in order to get down to the metal, but the compressor line warmed up starch mixture and it quickly became obvious where not to drill.

And it's spelled mini fridge :p

Last edited by a moderator:
is this model one without the freezer or does it have the freezer tray up top?

Yes it has the freezer compartment on top with the cooling lines in it I already moved that but I'm a little nervous about drilling through the top

if there is a cooling freon plate in the fridge that you moved and the tube comes in and out from the back or bottom i would think that there is nothing up top cause it would be a waste of money for the company to put them in. you can feel the top on the inside now that the plate is moved and it should be warm after the plate first starts to get cold

if there is a cooling freon plate in the fridge that you moved and the tube comes in and out from the back or bottom i would think that there is nothing up top cause it would be a waste of money for the company to put them in. you can feel the top on the inside now that the plate is moved and it should be warm after the plate first starts to get cold

why do you say this? The lines in the body are the lines used to dissipate the heat they run all over the unit usually there is just one on top that goes from one side to the other. On older fridges the coils were either under or behind the unit now they run them in the body.

so i have a kenmore fridge that i'm trying to convert and it does have a freezer in it but the freezer tray i got loose but still have a tube or somthing going to the back of the fridge. did you guys cut that or something?

it depends on the kind of tube. does it seem like metal? if so do not cut that!!!! if it seems like a plastic tube that is used for water draining then u should be ably to cut it but if you can fit everything with it i would just leave it in.

the tray pretty much goes the whole width and length of the fridge. the tube kinda flexes so i can fit 1 keg in it. the tube is white, so not sure if its plastic or paint metal. but look like a cooling plate i'll take a pic and post. wait no i pulled the tray out, it must be the cooling plate

Back