Using Lacto

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msheraw

Reaction score
I have heard that using lacto in the mash tun will ruin affect any batches after that because it stays in the system. I doing some research and how can you make a sour beer without comprimising the flexibility of your system for future batches??

Also I was looking for a good recipe for a sour fruit beer, maybe peach or strawberry?

Discuss!

:tank:

I have heard that using lacto in the mash tun will ruin affect any batches after that because it stays in the system. I doing some research and how can you make a sour beer without comprimising the flexibility of your system for future batches??

Also I was looking for a good recipe for a sour fruit beer, maybe peach or strawberry?

Discuss!

:tank:

Well, since you boil the beer after you mash it, I don't see how a regular mash can be soured by using the MLT afterwards. I mean, grain is already loaded with lactobacillus- that's why wort is boiled (well, that and for hops oils isomerization) and why you don't crush grain where you ferment.

Back