Mt. Pleasant Gruit Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laiced

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, so I love Gruit, but I have not seen very many recipes online for it, and I have a very limited scope of Gruit to base off of.

Mt. Pleasant Sacred Gruit is one that I know and love and here is what the website says about it"

Sacred Gruit Ale
Pale Ale brewed with Yarrow, Myrtle and Rosemary

ALC 5.8% by Vol

MY intuition tells me that I could simply brew a pale ale of my choice and add these ingredients.

Any ideas on if this would be a correct assumption, and what the timing of these additions would be?

Thats not a bad idea. One of the perks of home brewing is the experimenting. If the recipe doesn't work you can try again. I recently did a gruit stout and it came out fairly good. I used the grain bill from a book and the gruit bill from a website I'm sure you have found in your research.

Thats not a bad idea. One of the perks of home brewing is the experimenting. If the recipe doesn't work you can try again. I recently did a gruit stout and it came out fairly good. I used the grain bill from a book and the gruit bill from a website I'm sure you have found in your research.

I assume that you did a no hop version of the stout and let the herbs take care of that portion, correct?

I assume that you did a no hop version of the stout and let the herbs take care of that portion, correct?

that is correct. You can definitely tell there isn't any hops in there but I like it. The bitterness from the mugwort came out just right IMO.

Back