• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Extra Keg /Keggles for Sale $150

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohararp

Reaction score
I recently came in to a number of kegs in my attempts to build my homebrew single tier all-electric rig. I only needed three, but figured the additional kegs could be used for brewing by fellow homebrewers. I have 6 kegs remaining from various brands. On the keg you see here I have welded a single 1/2" FPT half-coupler in the top position for use with a dial temperature gauge. There is a full coupler in the bottom position that is used for draining. Since it is a full coupler you can mount both a valve on the outside and a dip tube or similar device on the inside. All the welds have been dimpled and sanitary welded using a TIG welder with argon purging (outside/inside). Of the 6 kegs this is the only one with couplers welded on it. If you have a particular location you would like the couplers welded I can put them there after payment. The top has been cut using a plasma cutter and compass jig to ensure roundness. The lid edges have been smoothed with an angle grinder and flapper wheel. Additional couplers/fittings can be welded for $20 per fitting. Please contact via pm if you are interested or have any questions.

DSC_0071 (Medium).jpg

DSC_0076 (Medium).jpg

DSC_0065 (Medium).jpg

DSC_0070 (Medium).jpg

PM box is full.

Is the price 150 for with or without the fittings, or is the price 150 for the one with the fittings and another price for the others?

I don't want to be a jerk, but $150 seems way too much for a $30 keg with $7 worth of couplers welded to it. I know your time is worth money but usually they go for around $75

Fellas, I based the pricing off of what some "pro" vendors were doing (Single Coupler - $175). I am also offering to weld in other couplers at what I think are pretty reasonable prices for a full sanitary weld. I have received a couple of other inquiries and have quoted additional couplers for a full all electric herms and they are very reasonable ~$200 finished. Pretty much hard to beat. If you'd like to make an offer for less please pm me and I'll definitely keep you in mind if they don't sell (lots of inquiries though).

Shipping - UPS Ground is quoting $45-$65 depending which coast you live on. I am surprised how much this is despite using my business account, but this appears to align to a "pro" vendors selling these things.

I cannot speak for the selling side, but I can speak for the consuming side.

There are three things that drive the price; supply, demand and location.

While the price may sound high, considering legal kegs are not easy to find in my location, the price is fair. I may be able to drive to pick this up, saving shipping cost.

The fact that a plain keg with no fittings or cut out top,do not come up for sale very often and then you need to have it shipped or go get it. When they do they are in the $75 range. Sabco has a keg with similar features for $280, now it does have a very nice outside finish, it is not worth the price in my opinion, I can polish it my self.

Very nice.
If you still have some come tax check I may have to hit you up. I am new to dayton and don't know many folks around here so finding equipment gets to be a challenge sometimes.

llamabox, it looks like you already found Belmont Party Supply. You should check out LHBC Dayton Draft - http://www.daytondraft.org/meetings/. I'll be at January's Meeting. Let me know if you wanna cut the top/wld some fittings on the keg you already have.

Latest posts

Back