You know you're a hophead when...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you stop caring about much hop character there is and care more about the infinite variety of intense hop characters that can exist. It's the natural evolution of the hop head.

When every commercial beer you drink leaves you thinking about popping the top and dry hopping a few bottles then re caping to see if you can improve it.

You have seriously considered using the coffee pot and a couple ounces of hops to make "tea" during brew day

When you only make small batches, but you buy your hops in bulk... and when your second batch, is a double dry hopped ipa 90+ibus.

Sucking on the hop sack after the boil or draining it into a pitcher of lemonade or iced tea to drink after your 6 hour brewday.

...when you carry a baggie of leftover 'mystery' hop pellets with you to the bar to drop in the fizzy yellow beers that are bought for you.

When your vendor can tell that you like IPAs from your hop order.

when your fresh homebrewed IIPA with 10oz of hops in the 5gal batch just doesn't cut the hop mustard.. (true)

When this is in your freezer...

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

Or when your doctor says he has some good news about your EKG and you are disappointed to find out he isn't talking about hops.

I went for a walk in the woods this fall, on crisp, frosty morning, just as the sun was hitting the pine-needles on under the towering trees.

I took in the beautiful vista, took a deep breath, and thought...Simcoe.

My hops have taken over the bottom half of my freezer and have spilled over into my friends deep freeze. which then led to me forgeting about the pound of Falconer's Flight, pound and a half of belma, and 2 more pounds, i think golding and willamette. its kind of a pleasant surprise to find 4+ pounds i "lost"

Back