Homebrew Pouring Instructions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astebelton

Reaction score
All, I've seen a couple discussions on this but I didn't see anything available to just print off and give to a newb. I've been asked to provide some homebrew on a couple occasions where I will not be present and therefore unable to train the uninitiated on how to properly pour a homebrew.

I went ahead and complied this from a couple other things out there. Take a look and let me know if I screwed something up terribly. Not looking to split hairs or get too technical, this will be mainly for those who have never had a homebrew.

How to Enjoy Homebrew

Feel free to steal this and use it at your pleasure!

Cheers!

This is why I keg first, carbonate, and then bottle from the keg.
No learning curve necessary for people you want to taste your homebrew

My only comment is that in your picture of the correct pour the bottle is at a 90 degree angle, not 45. The incorrect one would actually be at a 45 degree angle.

EDIT: You also might want to mention that the beer should be stored UPRIGHT in the refrigerator during that 48 hours. I've seen a lot of people store their beer sideways to try to save room and I cringe every time.

The bottle SHOULD be at 90ish, no? I'm telling them to tilt the glass to a 45. Good thought on the upright storage, I'll add that.

My only comment is that in your picture of the correct pour the bottle is at a 90 degree angle, not 45. The incorrect one would actually be at a 45 degree angle.

EDIT: You also might want to mention that the beer should be stored UPRIGHT in the refrigerator during that 48 hours. I've seen a lot of people store their beer sideways to try to save room and I cringe every time.

Reincarnating this dead thread on purpose. This document is incredibly useful.

We've had a brutal winter, and a neighbor several houses down the road always comes over with his tractor and clears out the 10 foot high wall of snow at the end of our driveway that the plows leave behind.

I wanted to give him a sampler pack of homebrews, but am always hesitant to give out homebrew to people that don't know how to pour one. I was thinking I needed to make a 1 page guide to doing this, but found this thread.

Everyone should keep a bunch of print outs of this for spur of the moment homebrew donations!

Back