Hello from Sonoma County, CA!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedavid

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is David and I'm from "the wine country" in California. But don't let that fool you, I'm waaaaayyyy more into beer than wine, and there is actually a lot of great beer out here despite being overshadowed by the wine industry.

I'm 25, and I've been home brewing for about a year now. I started with extract like most other people and just made the jump last weekend to brewing completely All-grain. So far I have hit my target gravity, and fermentation has begun to ramp up. I'm really excited about this beer not only because it's my first all-grain brew, but because it's also the first time I've designed my own recipe using beersmith. (2 big moves at once, risky, i know... but also part of what makes it fun!)

Just thought I'd take a minute to introduce myself here, since I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to join the discussions myself.

More about me:
-I already have 1 bachelors degree, but i'm working on a 2nd in Computer Science. (The first one didn't work out.)

-I love all craft beer styles and I'm not a hater or a purist when it comes to people trying new things. Experimenting is great, and it's what puts the art in brewing. :)

-My favorite beers to brew right now are variations on IPAs. The beer I have fermenting now is a Rye IPA. (OG: 1.052)

Welcome sir. I agree with experimenting. I'm over in Calistoga, so its good to know there are other brothers in arms in the area. Cheers and good luck with you Rye.

Oh hey, nice to meet ya Noodle. Calistoga is super close! Definitely nice to see some brew brothers in the area.

I'll let ya know how the rye comes out. :)

Hey David.. welcome.. I'm up in Bear Republic country. I don't know if you are familiar with the Sonoma Beerocrats.. but, stop by Bev People on Piner for info. Good group of knowledgable people in the club.

Bill

Hey HbgBill! Actually I have heard of the Sonoma Beerocrats, and I have been really wanting to join, however my school schedule has been so crazy I'm not quite sure I could commit much time to it.
Are you a member? Thanks for the welcome! I saw in your profile that you've been home brewing since 63?! Wow, that's incredible! I bet you have some good stories! :) I'd love to talk sometime.

Hey David.. well, since 63 is true.. but, I quit for about 20 years and started again in ~85.. then quit for another 20 yrs.. Now, I'm hooked.

If you haven't looked further at the Beerocrats, you are truly missing some great events and some great homebrew.. along with some great people. Check with Gabe at the Beverage People at their new location.. I'd doubt you'd be sorry for joining...

Back