Excellent Founders Breakfast Stout Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tallpaul07

Reaction score
Hello All,
Wanted to let you know that I just brewed a partial mash clone of Founder's Breakfast stout, and it turned out to be pretty phenominal. I did a side by side with the real thing and it is soooo spot on.

Here is the recipe: http://***********/stories/issue/ar.../1911-founders-brewings-breakfast-stout-clone

I made a few alterations: I used 1.6 oz of ground Sumatran coffee at flameout. Also, used 1.5 oz of unsweetened Chocolate since I couldn't find cocoa baking nibs. Spent 10 days in primary, 6 days in secondary, and bottle conditioned for 10 days. -- This recipe is highly recommended.

Agreed! I made this recipe as my first AG brew in Jan 2010. It was great. It even won me a 2nd place finish in my first competition. I definitely recommend putting some away and not drinking them all at once. The coffee mellows over time and I think the beer peaks at 6-8 months. I bottled my second batch of this beer last week, can't wait! Cheers!

Back