What are you guys printing on?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keg my beer, so I only label wine. I print on high quality paper and spray it with hairspray. I use a glue stick to secure the labels to the bottle.

I print on a color laser printer and then use a glue stick to stick them to the bottles. The color doesn't run when wet, and the label stays on OK in ice. Doesn't take too much work to get off either.

sphericalcamel said:
I print on a color laser printer and then use a glue stick to stick them to the bottles. The color doesn't run when wet, and the label stays on OK in ice. Doesn't take too much work to get off either.

I use the Avery Removable 6444. The label comes off easy however mine run bad from condensation. Other than that its OK.

Is laser paper the trick for the curing bleading label problem?

FYI - My printer is a HP deskjet photo printer.

Schlenkerla said:
Is laser paper the trick for the curing bleading label problem?

I use a laser printer, but not laser paper. Try hairspray; that works pretty good. You can also buy a product at an art store that does the same thing. I can't remember what it's called, but it's basically a sealer.

rdwj said:
I use a laser printer, but not laser paper. Try hairspray; that works pretty good. You can also buy a product at an art store that does the same thing. I can't remember what it's called, but it's basically a sealer.

Aerosol or Pump? Does it matter?? What do you use?

Schlenkerla said:
Aerosol or Pump? Does it matter?? What do you use?

I use aerosol because it provides a fine, even spray. I'm guessing a pump would work, but I've never tried it.

It's called "spray fix" or "fixative", but it's just glorified hairspray. I went to art school and we used them interchangeably. I was just about to apply some labels and it had totally not occurred to me to do that to keep them from running. Duh! Thanks for reminding me of something I should have been doing all along!

Back