LHBS Website: Feedback Requested

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wittmania

Reaction score
I design websites for a living and one of my latest clients is my local home brew store. His site is at www.kirksbrew.com and I would appreciate your feedback on the site.

The project included redesigning the logo and the design/layout of the site, adding a blog where he can share his thoughts on brewing (he's been home brewing for almost 30 years!), and adding an online store.

I really like how it turned out but I would appreciate hearing what others think. I also like that I got a bunch of "store credit" out of the deal so I was able to get a kegging set up with two Cornys!

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it.

www.kirksbrew.com

Looks good. The new logo is really well done. The site is a breeze to navigate and not too flashy like alot of other sites I visit

Good looking website. It navigates pretty well and isn't too cluttered. Good job. On a side note, you don't really pay $9 for yeast do you?

Great navigation, easy to use, looks very professional! Constructive criticism: I would use less pictures of boxes, say for example the starter kit, actually show pics of the kit's components as opposed to the box. Same goes for the recipe kits, maybe a pic of the style of beer or the malt or something. Also (sorry to for all the comments), I think it should be more explicitly stated whether the kits are extract, all-grain, or available in both.

I like it. Nice and clean. Good job. I agree with Ernst-Haeckel about pictures though. It would be nice to see what you get in a starter equipment kit.

Nice job. Clean & easy to navigate. I'm a big fan of using navigation right at the top of the page with logo and adverts just below the nav bars. Got the location, phone# & hours of operation in easy to find locations without having to scroll navigate around. Navigating to find product is easy. I assume the ordering process works well. Search worked well. Everything nice and fast.

I'm using Chrome.

Thanks to everyone for the comments and feedback!

I agree with the comments about needing better/more specific pictures. We're working on that. Our goal was to start by getting the site up and functional, including pages for all of the products. Now the owner of the store is working, as he has time, on making the pages more specific for each product, especially the recipe kits.

As for the comment about paying $9 for yeast, I'll only say that Kirk's prices aren't ever going to compete with the "big box" home brew sites but I'll gladly pay a little more to have a guy who's been brewing for about 30 years around to answer any questions I may have. If you watch this forum you'll quickly notice the number of posts that start with "I did X... did I ruin my beer?" Having a guy like Kirk tell you, "relax, your beer is fine" does wonders for the psyche of a novice brewer.

Thanks again for your feedback everyone. Much appreciated.

Back