how many times can I use a batch of oxi clean?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnfever

Reaction score
I want to give my bottles and bottling bucket ect a cleaning. I purchased a big bucket of oxi clean free. I also purchased a large tote to place most of my bottles for a batch of brew in. I want to first clean my bottling bucket and then dump the mixed water and oxi clean into my tote. So I could clean all my bottles, hoses and ect. Would that be okay? I know oxi clean is cheap but way waste if I can reuse it. This would be done all in the same night.

Should be fine. I re-use oxyclean until it looks dirty and I don't want to re-use it anymore. I don't save it though, I just use it during one session. Although I did pass the same 5 gallons through about 8 different cornies over the course of a few days. I wouldn't recommend that though, since they are stainless steel.

You should have no problem cleaning the bucket and bottles with one batch.

Thanks RegionalChaos!! Kind of thought I could just wanted to see what others would say aswell.

When I left OxyClean in a bucket overnight it left an annoying residue on the sides of the bucket that had to be physically wiped off. I also found this residue on some bottles I left in the solution for a long time. Because of that, I only use it during one brew day and try not to soak anything in it for long periods of time.

fishnfever said:
I want to give my bottles and bottling bucket ect a cleaning. I purchased a big bucket of oxi clean free. I also purchased a large tote to place most of my bottles for a batch of brew in. I want to first clean my bottling bucket and then dump the mixed water and oxi clean into my tote. So I could clean all my bottles, hoses and ect. Would that be okay? I know oxi clean is cheap but way waste if I can reuse it. This would be done all in the same night.

Why would you put anything into a bottling bucket that was not beer to be bottled?

I use other containers to clean stuff. Not the bucket I place my precious beer into before it goes to the bottle.

Gammon N Beer said:
Why would you put anything into a bottling bucket that was not beer to be bottled?

I use other containers to clean stuff. Not the bucket I place my precious beer into before it goes to the bottle.

How would it hurt to clean my bottling bucket? So you are saying that you never clean your bottling bucket? Hmmm

Latest posts

Back