Who's got an awesome all grain Amber Ale recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one I use, or slight variations of it, for the 6 or so ambers I brew each year - one of my favorite styles. It has a full feel to it, nice hops that blend well with the carmel flavor. Scored 41.5 at the regional AHA comp. this year, so other people like it too.

Adjust for your system and efficiency - but shooting for about 1.055 gravity, 13 SRM, 45 IBU's
7 lbs 2 row
5 lbs munich
1 lb crisp crystal 45L
.5 lb Caramel 60L
.25 lb crisp crystal 77L
.5 lb Flaked Oats
.5 lb White wheat

60 - 1 oz. Magnum
20 - 1 oz. Liberty
5 - 1 oz. wilamette
dry - 1oz. liberty

German Ale Yeast 1007 @ 60-63 degrees in primary for 3 weeks. Keg or bottle.
I do adjust my water to approximately a "balanced amber" profile on Bru'n water.

I just moved an "oatmeal amber" to the keg that was really good at 3 weeks, where I scaled back the caramel/crystal back to a pound total, threw in an ounce or two of chocolate for color. Upped the flaked oats to 1 lb. and added .25lb of aromatic malt. I also went with 1 oz. of Magnum at 60 and then 4, 1 oz. additions of falconers flight at 15, 5, 0, dry. Otherwise the same.

Pretty much always use the 2 row/ munich mix as base. I either use german ale yeast or 1272 for yeast.

Anyway, I brew variations of this a lot, and it is always well received.

Latest posts

Back