Question, dont laugh

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill home brewed cider give thee drinker the sh**s?

:ban::ban::ban:

I've found that home brew in general can affect a persons constitution. My experience is that this is a temporary condition.

My theory is that the living yeast are the culprit. Commercial adult beverages are normally filtered well to remove the yeast. Eventually your system becomes accustomed to the yeast and everything reaches an equillibrium

I only asked because i just started and my friends are already poking fun at m new found hobby... They made me a little nervous now lol

The longer you let it age the less yeast are in suspension.

Drinking it while it's fermenting is not recommended. :D

You can reduce this with a couple of steps. First, chill your cider to 'compact' what little yeast is still in the bottle. Second, be careful when carrying your bottle to where you are going to pour it to your glass. Don't slosh the bottle around, bang it on anything, etc. Just carry it gently, open the top and pour. When you pour, however, do it slowly, and leave the last 1/4" of cider in the bottle to avoid pouring the yeast into the glass.

Hope this helps.

Most likely you didn't wait long enough for the yeast to settle. A very common mistake for new brewers.

Yeast is a superfood. Eventually your gut will get used to it. Get a fan in the meantime.

Superfood is bollocks.

Your body does get used to it. If you eat a handful of prunes or switch to any high fibre diet you're likely to get a bit of the trots. Eventually it all normalizes and you'll s*it like clockwork...also you will become less fat.

Back