Faygo Rock N Rye Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunslinger711

Reaction score
If you've never had the delicious soda from Faygo, it's hard to explain. It's like Creme Soda mixed with a Cherry Cola. I'm looking for a homebrew version of the recipe.

I've found and experimented with some homebrew creme soda recipes I've found on the net, but I'm not sure how to go out about adding different flavors. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Adam

Oooo, damn I love me some Faygo! Rock-N-Rye is definitely the best flavor. Please let me know how this goes

EDIT: Ha, I was going to ask if you were from Michigan but then I remembers that I'm an idiot and read your location. ^_^

Rock and Rye was invented as a way to use up leftover syrups. I know that 2 of the flavors are cream soda and Red Pop. There is one more flavor at least, but I can't remember what it is. It is caffeine free, so it's not cola, or Moon Mist. Also, Rock and Rye is similar to Josta, formerly made by Coca-Cola.

This makes sense to me because it tastes very similar (in my opinion) to Barq's Red Cream Soda.

I've tried to replicate it, but I could never quite pin down that bubble gum type flavor.

It's interesting that you mention tasting bubble gum. Lately I've been hooked on Barq's root beer and the more I drink it, the more I taste bubble gum.

EDIT: Although bubble gum is pink, the flavor is actually artificial banana, but I'm willing to bet it's probably root beer syrup used. Let me know if you finally pin this down. I'm interested.

Is Faygo rock and eye supposed to be like the alcoholic rock and rye? That has cherry and horehound flavor with the rye whiskey, so it's sweet, fruity, sour and herbal/spicy.

I think the Faygo tastes similar to dr pepper.

In sure this is no help.

Back