On the second day Stop fermenting need help!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olexan

Reaction score
I have had All-Grain - Rye Alt in my primary since noon on Monday. It has been fermenting at about one day with temp. 71-75 F. But Today i check The air lock was not bubble at this point.

Should I be concerned with the yeast being die? The yeast was 1 Pkgs German Ale/Kolsch (White Labs #WLP029) Yeast-Ale .

What do i need to do ?
here is the recipes Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
5.50 lb Pilsner (2 Row) Ger (2.0 SRM) Grain 50.23 %
2.25 lb Rye Malt (4.7 SRM) Grain 20.55 %
1.50 lb Munich Malt (9.0 SRM) Grain 13.70 %
1.00 lb Caramunich Malt (56.0 SRM) Grain 9.13 %
0.50 lb Biscuit Malt (23.0 SRM) Grain 4.57 %
0.20 lb Pale Chocolate (200.0 SRM) Grain 1.83 %
3.00 oz Select Spalt [2.60 %] (60 min) Hops 29.2 IBU
1 Pkgs German Ale/Kolsch (White Labs #WLP029) Yeast-Ale

At those temps, it's not unheard of to have a really fast, vigorous ferment. Check the gravity if you're curious about what's going on.

hehe I was gonna say... you killed yer yeast man!

Leave it be and check it in a few days. Airlocks can be deceiving. I have one fermenter that doesn't seal completely and the airlock NEVER bubbles. Don't sweat it too much and check again later if you're worried.

And try to find a way to get your temps down in the future. You'll notice a difference in your beer if you do.

Gravity readings are the only sure way to know whats going on with the beer. Airlocks are a poor representation of fermentation activity.

Airlock activity is NOT a good means of gauging fermentation. It is a valve, a vent to release excess co2, NOT a calibrated fermentation gauge. If it is not bubbling it doesn't NEED to, not that, fermentation has stopped. You hydrometer proved that fermentation is going on. Get out of the habit of caring or worrying about what happens to your airlock, about half my beers never see a blip of an airlock. And I'm not the only one. You did good checking your gravity. That is what a hydrometer is best used for, a diagnostic tool.

I found it what is the problem. I add honey and it's start bubbling. i make gravity 1.050

Back