Good cause close to my heart

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silvervan83

Reaction score
Hey everybody! I am not just a brewer. I am also a family member of someone who recently died of cancer. (my mother in law) So... Every year I participate in the RELAY FOR LIFE. Its a cool event where I (and my team member) will walk laps for 18 hours to raise money for cancer research.

Here is the link to donate OR.. if you are in the seattle- tacoma area and want to JOIN MY TEAM you can do that as well. Thanks for your support.

The American Cancer Society:

Once you click the link you can read about the event, see a picture of the mom we lost, and find out about a great cause.

+1 This is a great cause. My wife is on the planning committee for our Relay for Life in our area. I would encourage anyone who is interested in donating to see if there is a local Relay for Life event in your area. The funds donated directly help those battling cancer in your community.

My wife is also quite active in Relay for Life in our area; I always donate 10% from any instrument sale during the summer festival season to her team.

I think we donate to this every year. My wife is currently going through chemo and has only 2 treatments left (cancer is gone :rockin:).

Back