New Flip Tops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boar Beer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have found a potential suppler in Australia.
I am in the testing stage and will report back when i have tested the beer.
The problem is that i need to buy 1000 pieces at one time
has anyone seen an American suppler of these items?

000_0828.jpg

000_0833.jpg

Oh, those are neat. I could never use 1000 but maybe my LBHS could use 1000. Am I right in assuming that those can be used on almost any bottle. It looks so simple. If I can get some, I plan to go champagne bottle scooting on New Years.

These should not be used with wine bottles as they are not strong enough.
The plastic collar does come with them and is easy to put on and take off

They do not work with beer bottles

You use them on champagne bottle because the bottles can take pressure. the beer bottle has a small lip and these new ones dont work with theim

My thinking is that i like big bottles and I like the idea of no capping
I have 6 kegs and a kegerator but for travling and visiting i like to take bottle

You can buy fliptop bottles but the price is up there.
I would rather buy another bag of two row.

Anyone know of a North American supplier? These look kind of neat.

Edit: Doh, Based on the first post I assumed you were in Australia. I'd probably be interested in some, but the wife doesn't like me spending money around the holidays, something about toys for the kids bla bla bla. If you have any extra in January I'd be interested.

Edit2: Are the flip tops the same size as regular flip tops? I am wondering if the collars could be fabricated on your own.

Yes you could fabricate the collars on your own. See the photo of the old style collars

I think it will take me at least until January to get 1000 pieces which i would then sell/trade with others

The top is the same as other flip tops. The only difference is the wire bale is 2.2 mm vs 3mm diameter. I have bottled some beer with high carbonation to test them under real conditions.

000_0766.jpg

Back