Which do you prefer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonbrown

Reaction score
I'm making a variety six pack for my groomsmen as part of their gifts. I have two different Red Ale labels and I need help deciding! So please let me know which you prefer, why, and then I'll let you know a little something about each one (but not now, it might sway your decision).
Thanks!!

Label 1
Labels-Devil2.jpg

Label 2
IrishRed.jpg

PS - Very Best section will be changed to our name and wedding date.

Tough call. I like the second one, I guess. Focus on "Groom's Brew" is nice.

The print on the first one is a little muddy, and the devils don't seem to go with the sort of Mexicano feel of it to me. I want to like this one better, cuz it's more unique.... Like I said, tough call.

Congrats on the upcoming event. :tank:

If I saw them both in a shop, I'd be more likely to pick up the first one because it's a little quirky. I dig it.

The second one looks good, but the first one simply appeals to me a little more.

OK, so now the votes are 8-6 in favor of #1. It's getting tough. Thanks for the comments so far, I'd love to hear from a few more people.

i like them both... I agree that the focus should be on the GROOMS BREW...

have you thought about including a ball and chain on the label?? Thats what we are doing for our buddy's groomsmen party...

I like them both, but for different reasons. I would choose #1 if you could make the Groom's Brew portion more of a focal point. :tank:

I like #1's background, but the text isn't doing much for me. I would make it a little more symmetrical, perhaps putting the two devils on one line, to either side of the text, and making the other text larger and centered, but that's just me.

OK, I am definitely more fond of #1 as I made it myself. I am no artist, so the scroll and devils are free clipart. With #2 I stole the background off a site that lets you insert your own text and they'll print your labels. Just to see how it'll look. I erased their text and put in my own (obviously).
So I think I tweeked #1 just right (the beer is still stolen unfortunately, and needs to be smoothed out and better integrated, but I have to get to work!). Lets hear what you think.
And thanks for all the great comments! It's nice for a ubber noob to get so much good feedback.

Labels-Devil3.jpg

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I like this last one much better.

I'm thinking #2. It has a more formal look and since it IS for a wedding day... plus the Grooms Brew stands out better.

Back