FastFerment Conical Fermenter PRESALE- $90 Shipped!!! Only 1000 units!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There email is not getting thru my local server. I talked to FF and they confirmed this. So checking here for any updated info.

Thks.

If you use it as primary and secondary, what do you do with the crap floating at the top from the yeast? You cant pour your priming mix in with it before bottling.

Thanks for the note. We'd suggest having a little scooper/strainer you can collect these floaters before you add your priming mix. The 6 inches opening will provide lots of space to do it.

Hope that helps and let us know if we can assist with anything else.

Best - Cheers,

Casey

Any thoughts from HBT members?

For me, there really isn't much floating around that I would worry about. I think my basic plan for this conical is to use it for my lighter, easier beers that I keg anyway.
I start out that way and see how I like the way it works. This will be my first conical and I'm looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Thanks for the note. We'd suggest having a little scooper/strainer you can collect these floaters before you add your priming mix. The 6 inches opening will provide lots of space to do it.

Best - Cheers,

Casey

I will be kegging from it so it won't be an issue. Maybe do what they suggest or rack it to a bottling bucket. Same practices as using a stainless conical.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Best - Cheers,

Casey

Rack it to a bottling bucket? Use it the same way they use stainless conical a, just a lot cheaper.

So im curious before i order one and i cant find the info so i hope the FastFerment people can comment.

Looking at this picture
LargeStand2.png

How tall is this entire thing? you say the stand is 45 inches, but how much taller(excluding air lock) above the stand does this go?

Did you email them or check their website? They replied to emails fast to me. Dimensions are probably on the site.

I too picked up one of these. I am still bottling and this seems a bit easier than racking and cleaning. When I get to kegging its still not a loss. Win Win!

Rack it to a bottling bucket? Use it the same way they use stainless conical a, just a lot cheaper.

I guess I should have been more specific when I first asked. I have never used a conical fermenter, only a carboy. Now that I have researched a little more I understand what you're talking about. Thanks again!

No problem! This should make life much easier. No more transferring. I have never used one either, couldn't afford one. I love the idea of how much easier it will be to reuse yeast and no secondary.

I think the trick will be to convert the opening at the bottom to be able to connect directly to the bottling cane. Pretty easy DIY!

I think the trick will be to convert the opening at the bottom to be able to connect directly to the bottling cane. Pretty easy DIY!

You are right I think it will be super easy too. I keg, so I won't be bottling from it, but I think all you need to do is get a camlock fitting with the right sized barb for your hose on you racking cane. I don't think you would need anything else.

I don't want to miss the boat on this price, but I've been holding off to see how people actually like them.

Anyone know how close they are to the first 1000 being sold?

They expanded to 1500 from the initial 1,000, when they had to push back the initial shipping date. So, they've already finished the 1,000, not sure how many of the extra 500 are left.

The initial popup still shows $90 but if you go to the ordering page the following prices are shown:

USA - $100 + $10 shipping
Can - $100 + $20 shipping
Aus - $100 + $40 shipping

I can't wait to get mine, I'm holding off brewing because we're so close to getting them! I have 2 coming (and 4 yeast reclaim balls!).

:rockin:

Got an email today from them saying the volume is bumped to 7.9 gallons since a lot of people were asking for more headspace. Ship on sept 22. Oct 1 is legend accessories ship with fermenters.

Seems like a lot of extra air for a 5-5.5 gallon batch, especially once you remove the yeast ball and open it for secondary. I'm still interested though.

Air would get pushed by co2 during fermentation. The co2 should displace I believe.

hmmmm

yeah... and the bulbous conical shape might lend itself to this efficiency.

There needs to be a mass coordinated FastFerment simultaneous brew thread when these puppies arrive....... we'll figure this thing out together.

Seems like a lot of extra air for a 5-5.5 gallon batch, especially once you remove the yeast ball and open it for secondary. I'm still interested though.

Probably the best fermenting bucket out there is the 8 Gallon Brewcraft bucket, because it requires no blowoff tubes no matter how big your beer is..ive done 5.5 gal of some big RIS's or wheat beers with huge Krausen and never needed a blowoff.

I've never had issues with oxidation, but i only open my lid when im ready to keg.

Im honestly a bit bummed that we are a week or two away and they still dont have any various angle images of the new product yet.

Images made in Google Sketchup dont count. Videos showing the V-Vessel and explaining whats new dont count.

All their missing right now is the lid, presumably they have some(just not volume) they used during testing...

Show us the final product please! :)

Air would get pushed by co2 during fermentation. The co2 should displace I believe.
Seems likely during primary, however I was more thinking if you pull the yeast ball and replace with a fresh one for a secondary.

I suppose it would still have enough yeast floaters to keep things pushing out though. In retrospect it's not that much larger than the 6.5 I ferment with now.

I'm still interested to see some people get some and try them out before I take the plunge. It's a great concept and I love how easy it all changes out.

Back