fermenting question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerSlinger

Reaction score
Hi,

I put 11g of Windsor ale yeast in the bucket and it has quit fermenting in a day.....I know that ale is netorous for this but would you wait any longer to keg it.....and then just leave it 13 days?

leave it at least a week in primary before you put it in a secondary(no matter how fast it finishes), then 2 weeks in secondary before carbing...total of three weeks.

plus, you don't know it's done unless you take a reading. if the bubbling has stopped, that is NO indication that your fermentation is complete

DeathBrewer said:
leave it at least a week in primary before you put it in a secondary(no matter how fast it finishes), then 2 weeks in secondary before carbing...total of three weeks.

plus, you don't know it's done unless you take a reading. if the bubbling has stopped, that is NO indication that your fermentation is complete

Thats funny.......last one I only left 2 Weeks......I was starting to wonder if it needed more yeast....

it will stop bubbling, reach it's gravity and technically be "finished" but the yeast need time to clean up after themselves, clear your beer and make it taste better. i often leave mine for a month in the primary and go straight to bottle, IMO they need at least 3 weeks total, the one exception being hefes.

DeathBrewer said:
it will stop bubbling, reach it's gravity and technically be "finished" but the yeast need time to clean up after themselves, clear your beer and make it taste better. i often leave mine for a month in the primary and go straight to bottle, IMO they need at least 3 weeks total, the one exception being hefes.

Oh....Good Info.....I heard longest to leave it is 3 months.......

I just wanted the fermenter to make another batch........Thats my only logic.......I figured by a week all the hops has given of its flavor since its not dry hopped.......

Back