Gotta love brew day..! Anyone else..?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewChem

Reaction score
Putting together a Norther English Brown... anyone else doin' the brew..!?

image-2714161551.jpg

Going to pick up my ingredients in a little while. I don't rightly have a name for the style since I just kind of winged the recipe without conforming to any style guidelines, but since I'm in Connecticut, I'm calling it a Northeastern American Brown Ale. I also get to try my Honey Red Ale that I brewed a few weeks ago. It's going to be a good day.

still building but a man has to brew

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

dual two vessel system first brew day 30g planed getting ready to mash in

I love it to, especially now that I'm on a low gravity session beer kick which works incredibly well with no sparge brewing. I've got so much beer brewed, I'm actually having to slow down - horrifying I know, or one of my bitters will sit in the bucket longer than I'd like it to.

Love every part of the 4 hour process except for chilling...

Haha... don't mind the chilling... usually nurse a brew or two down. My least favorite part of brew day is getting the kitchen cleaned back to SWMBO's specifications... :)

Just finished up and have it in the swamp cooler... I spent all morning working... WHY ISN'T IT BEER YET..!!?!!

Was ready to mash in realized I was out of rice hulls. Stupid time wasting mistake.. But soon very soon

Nice looking rig Darkness... hope to get away from stovetop and buckets some day..!

I still love brewing like the first time. I'm trying out a midnight brew next which will allow me to brew every week if it works out. As long as I'm quiet and none of the neighbors complain, I should be okay.

Well shot for 30g yesterday but to many people came over and it was to busy. Cooking dinner and makeing sure the beer tasteing stayed on track. But did get to taste Pliny the Elder and it was goooood.
The rig is in the works need new burners and then we can move the whole stand into place and run water lines to it and get it really going. Can't wait for that.

Back