What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
many years ago I brewed a Strong Scotch Ale (extract) that did the same thing, but it wasn't for 1 1/2 years bottled. it was also about the time I quit putting all my beer in the fridge.:rockin:

Good point ... this has been sitting in the back of my beer fridge for 18 mons. And what are you still doing up son? 3 am is coming up quick!

mcbaumannerb said:
So what did you end up doing for the 3rd pizza?
Nothing, yet. Probably half & half.

Za 1 & Celebration 2
image-1646073473.jpg
Za 2
image-4262625629.jpg

Another Gandhi-bot clone 2.0. Needs more carb time. The one I had last night was perfectly carbed, but that was a tester sitting in my dining room table. The ones I am drinking tonight went into the basement as soon as they were bottled.

tripplehazzard said:
Some boulevard 80 acre hoppy wheat beer... delicious

That was good. I really enjoyed the ones you sent me.

Drank a couple sumpin sumpins and a hairy eyeball at dinner. Wasnt too impressed with the hairy eyeball, i usually love the lagunitas stuff. And after trying the sumpin WILD, the regular sumpin sumpin just doesnt do it for me as much as it used to.

Hey, everyone! We're trying to decide how often to do Sloppy Saturdays (formerly No Correction Saturday), so please cast your vote in the thread dedicated to the poll here. For those who don't know, Sloppy Saturday is a night where we can laugh at each other's drunkeness via the degradation of our typing skills. No corrections, no edits, no backspaces. Obviously you're on your honor to participate in the spirit of the occasion, but we hope you choose to participate fairly if you choose choose to do so.

A strong scotch ale I brewed a couple of months ago. 7.3% ABV.... very malty and easy to drink. I'll have to pace myself with this one.

100_3043.jpg

100_3044.jpg

100_3045.jpg

nukebrewer said:
Hey, everyone! We're trying to decide how often to do Sloppy Saturdays (formerly No Correction Saturday), so please cast your vote in the thread dedicated to the poll here. For those who don't know, Sloppy Saturday is a night where we can laugh at each other's drunkeness via the degradation of our typing skills. No corrections, no edits, no backspaces. Obviously you're on your honor to participate in the spirit of the occasion, but we hope you choose to participate fairly if you choose choose to do so.

I'm not a registered voter but I hope my vote in this thread counts! Finishing up the evening with the season finale of homeland and a goose island wheat my lady got me in a mixer sixer. Not the best brews but they do the job and I appreciate the thoughtfulness every time.

Saw a few others drinking it so I figured I should have some apfelwein too. Finally carbed up but I think the next bach that im about to bottle is going to be still, I liked that better

2013-12-16 21.38.43.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
From the "if I haven't passed out yet, it must mean I should keep drinking" files - another old Founders bottle hiding in the fridge...

Still very coffee forward and very smooth ... I think it ages nicely!

Nicee. At least you have the right kind of beers sitting in your fridge for a while. If you pull out an IPA next something tells me you won't be telling us about how well it ages. :D

I willed myself through 3 six point sweet action tall boys I somehow forgot about that were "best by" march 10th 2013 the other night. Tasted surprisingly BMC like. I'm both proud and ashamed of my actions that night. :drunk:

finsfan said:
Saw a few others drinking it so I figured I should have some apfelwein too. Finally carbed up but I think the next bach that im about to bottle is going to be still, I liked that better

I've gotta get my butt down to the supermarket and pick up some AJ. I have some all in D47 I could use to make some apfelwein. Wondering how it would work with the apple flavor. What strain did you go with for yours?

Nicee. At least you have the right kind of beers sitting in your fridge for a while. If you pull out an IPA next something tells me you won't be telling us about how well it ages. :D

I willed myself through 3 six point sweet action tall boys I somehow forgot about that were "best by" march 10th 2013 the other night. Tasted surprisingly BMC like. I'm both proud and ashamed of my actions that night. :drunk:

We all lose beers in our cellar/fridge. At least you didn't lose Apollo ... that was crap to begin with and I can imagine it would ever improve! And there really is no shame here. :)

I've gotta get my butt down to the supermarket and pick up some AJ. I have some all in D47 I could use to make some apfelwein. Wondering how it would work with the apple flavor. What strain did you go with for yours?

I used Montrachet and Motts applejuice, turned our great. I put 2 cinnamon stick in the 5 gallons im about to bottle

I'm not a registered voter but I hope my vote in this thread counts! Finishing up the evening with the season finale of homeland and a goose island wheat my lady got me in a mixer sixer. Not the best brews but they do the job and I appreciate the thoughtfulness every time.

Wait, what? Why can't you vote in the poll? Also, assuming you can't vote in the poll, what is your vote? You didn't say in your post.

Back