The Second Annual Masstoberfest 10/3/09

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You raised my hopes when you said you had other plans. I suppose now you're coming after all?

Uhhh, Hey everyone. Hey guys! HEY!!! Can I have everyones attention for a moment.....

I'm sorry but despite what I told all of you, CapeBrewing and Bab's DO appear to be coming.

Yes, I know, I feel the same way, but....

Oh, c'mon be nice...

Well, I can't exactly uninvite them so can everyone just PLEASE try to be nice. Hey, maybe we'll get lucky and they'll leave early.

PT

I'm an absolute dead lock without a doubt maybe.

We're not getting a babysitter for the boys and we have about nine other things to do so our game plan is to squeeze a visit to the casa de PTN in the middle of it somewhere but it'll be the four of us and if it is pouring rain for the time slot we were going to swing through, I'm not 100% sure we would pull it off. Courtney and I would be totally cool with but it's not as easy with a 2 and a 3 year old.

Not raining right now so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

"Daddy, is the pig already dead?"
"Yes, dear, it's already cooking"
"Grrr...."
"What, did you want to see them kill it?"
"YES!!"

Not sure how I'm supposed to feel about this... ;)

It sucks...I loooove your parties. My wife has a couple of friends in from out of town..There doing the shopping thing all day. She was taking my 3 year old with her but he's pretty sick. She was gonna take him anyways( she knows how much I like your parties), but they are going to the wrenthem outlets. I cant have him outside all day in the rain with a fever.

Have a great day.

I'm bringing down the keg of the bitter, but I'm not in love with this beer at all. I just can't seem to get a simple bitter/special bitter dialed in right. I'll dig up my notes, but I'd like some feedback, it just doesn't taste quite... just not where I think it should be.

I bought a 20 x 30 foot tarp and a bunch of 2 x4s yesterday. I'm sitting in line at Dunkins right now, as soon as I get home Drunken and I are going to set that up I have to open up the BBQ to see how Wilbur is doing. I got up at 3:30 and Drunky got up at 6 to feed the Fire.

Sorry to miss this one,no excuses from Windham, VT. - I should make it up to you for your fabulous effort last Columbus Day weekend, which reminds me - I need to get ready for next Sunday's get together in Windham, and anyone who wants to come can send me a PM for directions and pony rides, and now we provide FREE WI-FI !!

That was my best runon sentence in awhile.

BE sure to post pics

Hey Paul et al,
I was thinking I could make an appearance, but so family things have come up and it just won't happen. I hope that everyone has a blast (and doubt anyone wouldn't at a PTN get together). Wish I were sampling with everyone... next time I guess

-Hippie

I am still attending..just gonna be a little while... fixing a store in Florida before I can leave...I didn't get a chance to make anythign to bring..any suggestions on what to buy on my way over?

Can someone PM me PTN's address or phone number? I thought I saved it but I must have deleted it from my inbox...

Well, that was fun ;)

Thanks again for hosting a most excellent party, Paul. REALLY liked that sour beer, and the Utopias was pretty close to outstanding; I'd love to try it again in a year, I suspect there's a crapton of other complexities mingling under that maple. Hell, it was all good!

I do have one request; I kinda lost track of the handles of everyone who was there, I know Sumo and a few others, but is there an attendance sheet? I want to update my "how many HBT'ers have you met in person" list. Who else was there?

Thanks again Paul. Once again, you out did yourself...wonderful time.

Bird...I was the one with the BIG Oktoberfest mug. :)

-Will

Well it looks like the rain scared off a few people this year but that just left more food for the rest of us. I didn't show up til later in the day but we didn't see much rain at all. The pork was damn good; does anyone have any pictures? And the sauce was killer.

The Utopias clone is coming along nice. Can't wait to see what it tastes like in another year. Thanks for hosting Paul.

Oh yeah, I was the one wearing the Stone Brewing Co shirt.

Hi everyone. Just dragged my ass out of bed, I was a tired hombre. Well, despite the torrential downpours of earlier in the day we managed to pull it off. It took wuite a bit longer to cook the pork than ussual, the rain kept the BBQ much cooler than it would other wise have been and slowed down the cooking process. I would have cooked it for probably about the same time but if it had been 20 - 50 * hotter in the chamber the internal temp f the pork would have been where I wanted it sooner and stayed there longer leading to fall off the bone doneness. Still, it was pretty damned good, and there isn't much leftover to go in the freezer.

Let's see if I can pull a list of names.

Sumo and Sloan where the first to show up,
the_bird, the_wife and the_bean, AKA Jay, Shannon and Cassie
Big John, Melana and the Ewok, AKA Leah and Sean (? sorry I'm not sure of Johns sons name)
Wayne, Sarah, and Michelle (Non HBT'ers)
JustMrWill and Drinkswellwithothers (Will and Marc)
Tom and Susan and their twin girls (Non HBT-ers)
Kim and Maryanne (NHBT)
Chris from across the street
Yeager (Chris) and the Mrs (Lee Anne) and dtr's

I'm sure there are more but I' need coffee, I'tll tr again later.
PTN

Ps did anyone take any picks? I never once picked up a camera.

Here's Wilbur...

3979401135_d25cf90448.jpg

I see that somebody filled my role of picking leftovers out of the cooker...

I am glad you guys had a good time and wish that I could have made it.

-Hippie

Ya Hippie, it was pretty funny, there was abit of stuff stuck to the grill and folks, lead here by Sloan were attacking it. And I was afraid that I was going to cut off a few fingers with my cleaver while I was chopping up Wilbur. "If I chop 'em off you won't get them back, people will just eat them so I'd keep my fingers out of there if I were you."

I see in my list that I left out CrankyOldLibrarian and his lovely girlfriend Kim. If there is anyone else whom I forgot please accept my appologies, I'm certainly not intending to slight anyone. I hope everyone had a great time, I sure did.

PTN

Drunken, I left out Drunken! Thanks pal, couldn't have pulled it off without you. You should have seen the two of us out there in the monsoon two hours before hand. We're trying desperately to erect a 20 x 30 foot tarp and every time we got it just about up a gust of wind would send it all crashing to the ground. Finally I just said the heck with it and decided that we would just move everyone indoors. And not many other guys ould put in the yoemans hours working on Bertha that he did. You da man, Drunky!

Paul,

I had a great time. As usual you pull off a classy event. The food and company was great. I would definitly say a bigger crowd would have been more exciting interms of seeing other people. However this year we all gathered in the porch and sat around and chatted the day away. Even you got to sit down quite a lot and chat everyone up. That RMV story get better everytime you told it or better and better the drunker I got.

To those who didn't make it you missed a great even. The food was awesome. Bertha is queen of the smokers, (Barring Hippi and his VT buddies of course lol)

I can't wait for next year.

-Sumo

Kim & I had a great time, and Wilbur was extremely tasty!

It was great to meet so many local brewers and, possibly more importantly, to try their beers.

Paul - Thank you!!!

I did not
DID NOT
Shoot this video but it gives you an idea of what it can be like out there when the fish show up in droves

Last edited by a moderator:
Bird: I was the one with the little girl that played with your little girl.

CB: Shut your mouth, you make a comment about my kids and I hunt you down...

Paul, It was a great time, the food was good, wish I could have shown up earlier and stayed later, but with a 2yr old a 4 month old and a sleep deprived wife..... :)

See you in a few weeks to bottle the Utopias????? (By the way it is pretty damn good isn't it?)

ALso CB, didn't want to show up wearing the same shirt thats why he didn't show

Latest posts

Back