Brewie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also I asked about boil over on the comments hopefully get some feedback.

Where did you ask? I've been following the comments on the facebook page and also the indiegogo page to learn more about the machine, but didn't see yours. Just wondering if there is another place I should be following...

I asked when I made the purchase, or pledge I guess. It had a section for me to add comment or questions. Since then I have added the question to the comments.

I see Marcel responsed to your comment on the campaign page. I'm glad he doesn't think it is an issue, but would like to better understand how "The lids prevent foaming". I don't see what would prevent boilover from coming through the vents or possibly even the edges of the lid. What does everyone think?

I'm looking forward to the shipping and production updates he mentions on a seperate comment. Mostly can't wait to hear some independent reviews and then get my hands on this..

The lid is vented so I don't think DMS is an issue but still not sure how that helps with boilover

We used to place a wooden spoon on top of out pot when boiling pasta to help prevent boil overs. It's not perfect, but it helps. The vented lid might use the same concept - cool/pop the foam bubbles when the rise and reach the top. I imagine a vented lid would help, but like the spoon, won't be perfect for every batch.

Hoping to learn quite a bit more about the machine this week since it will be at CES. Anyone going to the show by chance?

The last email update they sent out kind of bothered me. Something to the effect that they were still evaluating potential companies to do the manufacturing. You would think they had that worked out already. I'm still anxious to get mine and put it to the test.

Totally agree. I messaged with them and they said they are still shooting for March but I don't see how that's possible without manufacturers locked in.

Pre-orders are now live on their website. They're 20% off MSRP and claiming a delivery in "mid 2016". If anyone happens to stop by their booth at CES, I'd love to hear your input on how legit the machine is and your perception of their ability to deliver. I'm also curious if the US version is still using a 2000W 110V element (as previously claimed) and any other specifics you can learn about the machine.

I too am very interested in the Brewie. I love to brew but seldom have the time these days due to job and family. I have a 3 tier converted keg setup. Prepping it for a brew and cleaning it afterwards almost takes as long as the brewing itself. And the amount of space needed to store the structure and all the associated equipment is a problem. I need to downsize and simplify.

I was looking at the PicoBrew, but it doesn't seem robust enough. The Brewie looks good, but like everyone says, we need more information.

I have a "Google Alert" that will pick up any articles, posts or blogs that mention "Brewie" and I'll post them to this forum to keep this discussion going. Thanks!

I agree with your PicoBrew comments. It seems like there are too many niggles, though it would be common for people to post complaints over praise. I personally would hold off on any of these all-in-one systems until someone else proves their worth. Gen 1's will quickly yield to updated versions, then it might be time to jump. Until then, it's too much money to risk.

Yea, it may be awhile before we hear about any actual users and see any reviews, but I love the idea and it would get me brewing more frequently.

Not much in the video, but the mini keg / growler setup they are serving from looks neat. Hope that is what comes with the machine...

Recent comment on Facebook by Brewie says we will know everything in detail by the end of this week. Hard to say if we'll like what we learn, but glad to have the info soon...

Here's a newer step by step video I found:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKatSd_1ao4[/ame]

Not happy about the delay, but pretty much what I expected. If they told me I would still have it in March, I'd assume it wouldn't be working right until July given that we've seen so little of it up and running...

Well, Brewie said they hired a Marketing Manager to be in charge of social media; however, since this hire, there hasn't been a single update on the Indiegogo website, and their Facebook and Twitter accounts have received a picture of beer in the snow, a picture of beer on the beach, and a picture of beer on St. Patrick's Day. Can't say I'm impressed with the renewed social media effort.

Additionally, shipping was pushed again - to July. Based on an email from Brewie suggesting they're still working on 2D and 3D drawings, I'd certainly bet money that shipping will be pushed again.

It sure looks like they're having a great time traveling the world, though - Germany, Vegas, United Kingdom ... no wonder production isn't getting done!

> It sure looks like they're having a great time traveling the world, though - Germany, Vegas, United Kingdom ... no wonder production isn't getting done!

I've noticed this as well. Lots of trips and no pics of production in any form. I won't go in for a pre-order till I see some indication they're actually building things and not just funding vacations for themselves.

They did recently send a photo of what they've built: a foam box. I'm a little underwhelmed.

unnamed.jpg

The closest video is a tube pushed up to the two rectangular cutouts (the water flow is round which doesn't match the rectangular cutout). The prototypes at the shows also were not operational. I want the brewie but nor sure it really is ready at all for prime time.

Guys this thing is far from reality. As is the Artbrew. Give credit to Pico for getting theirs out the door in a reasonable time frame.

I can't agree more!

The Brewie is a bit risky, especially at $2K!

But, I checked with PayPal and they claim if you buy it and pay via PayPal and it doesn't ship in 90 days or less they will process a complete refund.

I honestly just want all the features to work not a refund.

If it works for 2k it will be a miracle. They will never be able to sell it for that and make a business sustaining profit. At the 3.5k it will really take, nobody will buy it.

Not trying to naysay as I am definitely a fan, but the old adage applied: caveat emptor.

They are doing a hands on event next week in Germany with a review unit. Six hours long, so should be pretty in depth. That's the most promising thing we've heard from them in a while. Hope to hear some feedback from those who attend...

They just sent out another email about pre-orders. They sound fairly confident in an August delivery now. It would be interesting to see how that compares to hands on experience at the German event.

Back