Love controller temp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheProph3t

Reaction score
So... hooked it up Love controller EW-93520-00 (Cole-Parmer) to my fridge based on this specifications
love.jpg

and I can't get a proper reading on my carboy. I've tried duct taping the sensor with painters tape, packing tape, duck tape even tried taping it first then surronding it with insulation still nothing accurate. I have set d0 to cool.. not sure what to do...

I don't really understand your question... the LOVE is working properly but it providing you with an incorrect or inaccurate temperature reading? How do you know it is inaccurate? While the taped to the side method may not be as accurate as the thermowell, it will be very close.

Your diagram looks fine, I would connect the hot wire to terminal 10 and run the wire to the fridge out of 11, but what you have should be fine.

I don't really understand your question... the LOVE is working properly but it providing you with an incorrect or inaccurate temperature reading? How do you know it is inaccurate? While the taped to the side method may not be as accurate as the thermowell, it will be very close.

Your diagram looks fine, I would connect the hot wire to terminal 10 and run the wire to the fridge out of 11, but what you have should be fine.

Thats the thing... I set the SP to 68. I wanted to test run it so I put water into the carboy... with a thermometer the water was reading 80.

Other than the that, it properly regulates it (based on holding the sensor) and turns on and off at SP. Just not sure if there is another method with the controller to get better results....

Thats the thing... I set the SP to 68. I wanted to test run it so I put water into the carboy... with a thermometer the water was reading 80.

Other than the that, it properly regulates it (based on holding the sensor) and turns on and off at SP. Just not sure if there is another method with the controller to get better results....

There are a few settings you can adjust like min and max times your compressor turns on for but how long did you leave the carboy in there and how big is your freezer? It is a freezer right? Love can't take the temperature below what your equipment will do and it might take a while to cool down so much liquid.

Bought a new thermometer that was the problem.... thanks for everyone's help.

Does the thermowell work for the love controller also (from cole-parmer)?

Do you know how to set the max temperature on that controller. I lost the directions and can't get it set past 150degrees.

Thanks...

Back