Demon's Hop Yard IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd_k

Reaction score
Anyone ever try this? My buddy works for AB and he sent me 4 bottle, unfortunately 2 didn't survive the trip.....

Yes, an IPA brought to you by the makers of Budwesier. The label is basic, white with black print. There's a message on it that says For Sampling Only, Not For Sale. I figured they would have had it at Busch Gardens but I've never been in that little bar.
Speaking Busch Gardens, he also sent me AB employee tickets good at BG or SeaWorld. Unfortunately, when the 2 bottles broke/opened, they got soaked and are currently drying on the clothes rack. The bar codes are fine, it's just he had to sign it and the writing is now a little fuzzy.

EDIT: Sorry Bird, I misread your post, I remember that thread now.

This beer is strange. It looks like a Bud, maybe a little bit darker but not much. It has the same head on it as Bud, meaning almost nothing. I don't know what kind of hops they used, maybe my friend knows, I will ask him. It's ok, nothing spectacular. I wouldn't buy it, there are plenty other IPA's I would pick before this one but given a choice between this and Bud and Bud Light, I'm going with this. Still, I'm glad my friend sent it to me to try, at least AB is trying to do something different. Now I just need to go to BG and get some Bare Knuckel Stout.

Went to BG today and tried the Bare Knuckel Stout and it was not that good. It was very thin, almost like it was watered down. There wasn't a whole lot of flavor either. Definitely not worth the $5+ for the plastic cup.

Back