First time grower.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eshorebrewer

Reaction score
I've had my planter box for about three years, Grown veggies and herbs, last year I moved the majority of my veggies into my yard garden... Now with approval of SWMBO I'm coverting the box into a hop bed. Starting with magnum, glacier and goldings, thanks to greatlake hops I'll also be putting in chinook. I went down about a foot with the new 16' 4x4s and sistered them to the existing 4x4s from the garden box. Hopefully I'll have the rest of the posts in this week and the cable ran between them. On a side note... I know hops can grow 20' but even at 15' these posts look massive.

ForumRunner_20130414_195205.jpg

Trying to decide if I should run 2x4s across the middle and top of my uprights with eye hooks screwed to the bottom of the top board or just eye hooks with paracord between uprights to lower the bines down once growing season is over. Any suggestions?

116886d1366500191-2013-hop-garden-photo-thread-20130420_175744.jpg

SS Cable works great, and if you want you can lower it for harvest. Alot cheaper also and the wind will be easier on it.

Back