• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Free Kindle EBook - Drinkable History FO FREE

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncleben113

Reaction score
Thought since I had posted these in the past then I'd go ahead and continue the trend. Here's another free Kindle book from Amazon. I'm not sure how long this will last so get it while you can!

Here's the link

The book is entitled "Drinkable History: Easy Recipes for 3000 Year Old Hard Cider, 1500 Year Old Mead, and 1000 Year Old Ale"

Description:
Publication Date: May 21, 2012
This is not a book about the artistry of home brewing. This is drinkable history. It’s crude, rough, and primitive. If you’re looking for a modern, refined beverage, you won’t find it in these pages.

These are some of the oldest human recipes for alcohol. They predate the invention of glass. In some cases, they predate the invention of steel. In fact, the oldest recipes for beer predate the invention of bread.

In these pages you’ll learn how to brew the same sturdy booze enjoyed by Vikings, Eurasian Nomads, and Medieval workers. There’s nothing like it available in stores today. If homebrew snobs turn up their noses at your efforts, remind them this was what people drank morning, noon and night as they spread across Europe and created western civilization as we know it - so shut up, drink up, and show a little respect.

In the spirit of authenticity, you’ll not only learn how to make your own hard cider, mead and ale, but also how to make both yeast and malt from scratch.

Looks like a very interesting read, IMO.

The book is normally $5 but you get it for free. Who doesn't like free?

Enjoy!!!

Is it really?

Oh well, it was worth a shot

Actually, it really is worthless... Information included has zero value. Ale recipe isn't even a recipe with any information you can actually use (can't even translate/convert it to something of use). The mead recipe made me want to scream at the publisher. Not even worth taking the time to look at it...

Back