Utopia Clone #3 Perfecting Nirvanha

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just left the best packy in this state. Rodenbach Grand Cru & Classic, Orval, Achel, Meredsous and Duvel. My wallet is considerably lighter but I'm a happy guy. Add to that the cases of Bigfoot and Troegs Nugget Nectar I picked up yesterday and well be enjoying some great beers on Saturday

PTN

Im charging my cameras so I can document all the carnage to come! PTN VS Cape (AKA Stuck, concrete mash)

When this goes off without a hitch (which it will) i expect all of you to turn towards Cape and join me in chanting "Down goes Frasier!"

PTN

Whoa... Time out. I have simply been the most vocal about my doubts. I dont think there really is anyone, other than you, that thinks that 1) your approach is a good idea or 2) that it is gonna work.

Quick show of hands... Anyone think this is gonna work? Yeager? Even you?? Anyone?

I still think I am going to try and get the mash done before you get to my house cape so you can say anything.....

Not a chance in hell that thing won't get a stuck sparge. Also, is that giant tub even made of HDPE? If its not, I am sure 170* strike water will sure impart some funky flavors as it leeches all those carcinogens into the mash.

So, if you are made of significant stuff, and your brain is inside your head and has a thought, is that thought "in-significant"?

What time is mash-in on Saturday?

We can NOT hold back from the legions of adoring fans and deny them the glory of Paul standing there... looking... and having the full magnitude of the epic fail that is about to take place wash over his brain.

That is about 60 seconds of video I will download to my phone, carry with me and watch daily until the day I go toes-up.

You know what's going to be even better? It'll start draining for a little bit, and Paulie's face is going to light up like a little kid on Christmas morn.... but then it's going to start slowing down... and down some more.... and some more... and drip... drip... done.

Seeing that look of pure joy, followed by confusion, followed by despair. Like that same little boy opening his first present and finding a dead puppy inside.

I should call my brother, see if he wants to come along. He used to do testing of concrete samples, see how much pressure they can withstand before failing. Maybe we can swing by his office and pick up some of that testing gear.

Naw, it'll work, this way is just a little more fun, though.

As far as the Mash-strosity goes, i'm fuzzy on the wort retrieval method. It's not gravity draining (into a grant, e.g.), right? It's gonna be pumped up and out the middle? of the top? ow.

You know what's going to be even better? It'll start draining for a little bit, and Paulie's face is going to light up like a little kid on Christmas morn.... but then it's going to start slowing down... and down some more.... and some more... and drip... drip... done.

Seeing that look of pure joy, followed by confusion, followed by despair. Like that same little boy opening his first present and finding a dead puppy inside.

Holidays must be a real treat around the_bird household.

PTN

Naw, it'll work, this way is just a little more fun, though.

As far as the Mash-strosity goes, i'm fuzzy on the wort retrieval method. It's not gravity draining (into a grant, e.g.), right? It's gonna be pumped up and out the middle? of the top? ow.

It is going to gravity drain into a grant. (a Gott cooler) It will be pumped from the Gott through the HERMS system.

You should be sure to bring paper and pencils so you can take plenty of notes.

PTN

This is truly a voyeuristic reality show train wreck thread. I could not look away, I could not stop reading. I laughed, I cried, I can't wait for the movie. I hope you all have an awesome day and make a great beer.

Back