Thinking bout converting old hot tub into MLT,any thoughts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well just got done with the pilot batch,and things went pretty good.Did a multi step decoction mash to hopefully convert the unmodified feed barley ,and ended with a OG of 1.065 gravity! The wood and garbage fire brought the wort to a boil in under an hour.Using the urine technique for sanitization of the equipment worked great!Using the old junkers fuel lines was a little slow(3/8th inch for 100 gallons),but it worked.The old junkers radiator cooled the wort down to 80 degrees in about 2 hours(a little slow).Filled two of them oil barrels up to the rim and pitched a whole jar of red star yeast in each.Fermentation took right off with a nice layer of lime green foam at the top.I'm gonna keg the beer up next weekend in some of those junker gas tanks that have been sanitized using the urine technique found on this forum.I have a couple local business interested in serving my brew!!I've decided on a name for the brewry-Prestige Brewing-Kinda got a ring to it huh?I'll be havin a barrel tasting later this week if anyone wants to come out-PM me for more details.

Well just got done with the pilot batch,and things went pretty good.Did a multi step decoction mash to hopefully convert the unmodified feed barley ,and ended with a OG of 1.065 gravity! The wood and garbage fire brought the wort to a boil in under an hour.Using the urine technique for sanitization of the equipment worked great!Using the old junkers fuel lines was a little slow(3/8th inch for 100 gallons),but it worked.The old junkers radiator cooled the wort down to 80 degrees in about 2 hours(a little slow).Filled two of them oil barrels up to the rim and pitched a whole jar of red star yeast in each.Fermentation took right off with a nice layer of lime green foam at the top.I'm gonna keg the beer up next weekend in some of those junker gas tanks that have been sanitized using the urine technique found on this forum.I have a couple local business interested in serving my brew!!I've decided on a name for the brewry-Prestige Brewing-Kinda got a ring to it huh?I'll be havin a barrel tasting later this week if anyone wants to come out-PM me for more details.

pictures.jpg

Sounds kind of gross for various reasons... Picture it... "Here have one of my beers that was mashed in a hot tub that I had my ass in."

Well sorry i've benn reel sick lately.I gots the ****s runnin right through me,cen't seem to hold anything down.Damn mc donalds!!Been like this for two weeks.Only thing I can do is drink sone of my great ale I brewed up so I gets drunk enuf that I don't think bout being sick.Is this ever gonna end?? Good thing I gots plenty of brews left to kkep my mind off it.I was pretty disapointer that none of you came for the tasting I had a couple weeks ago.It was just me and my buddy.Poor guys got a bad appendix or something cause he aint been around lately,Guess Its more beer for me!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back