How many trick or treaters have you had?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick500

Reaction score
How's your trick or treater count going?

It's 8:22PM here and I've had exactly three trick or treaters. :rolleyes:

It is 530 here, not a single one yet. I have lived here (in a nice neighborhood) for over 3 years, only one trick or treater ever. Maybe it is the beware of dog signs (been robbed a couple times[they target nice neighborhoods]) and the fact that my dogs bark at any tiny noise outside the house...

0 Trick or treaters here, I think they are scared of me, hehe ... and I didnt even need a costume! One ugly mug goes along way =D

My dog is very disappointed. This is his favorite day of the year. He loves the attention from the kids.

0. We used to have kids in the area, but now it's just a few old people.

Our area has very few young people, and the school is facing serious declining enrollment. We have two school systems in our entire county, and don't have enough kids to have both. We'll be consolidating over the next few years, I'm sure, as the population continues to decrease.

Nothing at home so far according to SWMBO. We usually get a handful of them, usually kids from the other apartments and nearby neighborhood. Kids know that apartment complexes are good to hit. Lots of doors, very little walking between them.

Just been informed that we ran out of candy at goblin number 149.

Had to shut it down.

Sorry kids, maybe next year.

It was pretty low in Port Huron this year, we had some in daylight while we were still plugging stuff in and getting into costume. Then it would just be little trickles with a few small rushes. But it looked like my friend's house was the only one on the street, or at least the block. But we have "fans" who love to see what we do every year. We pulled the plug at 8pm after there was noone for 20 minutes, then when we were pulling the thievable stuff off the lawn, another small rush happened. But no like past years. I thought with it being saturday it would be huge. I would say maybe 50 where we'd usually have 200 or so...it might have even been 30 for all I know. It was really hard to count.

The sad part of all of it is my friend's granson who is 10 who usually would rather stay with is and operate the electeric chair and all the other props and dresses as my "igor" (I'm a mad scientist and his grand folks are Frankenstein and the Bride of Frankenstein) got rushed to the hospital at noon today.......and got diagnosed with the swine flu... He's been excited for the whole month we've been setting everything up, to crash and burn and have to stay home tonight. It was kinda a downer. He really got into the igor thing....he could snivel and say "master" like someone out of a 40's Hammer flick.

Wow - tough day for that to happen given his excitement. I hope he gets well quick!

Yeah...I guess he's already doing better since they started him on (i guess tamiflu) and antibiotics at 1pm.

I just saw on Facebook, the wife of one of our Homebrewtalkers posted that her husband and son were on their way back from the ER, because their son had a 104 temp. And two other parents commented that their kids got diagnosed with it as well.

You know that might be one of the reasons for low tunouts...sick kids..

Yeah, that could be a contributing factor. Didn't think about that.

Two of my friends (one who has pretty serious asthma) were afflicted recently too. They're both fine now, fortunately.

Hope the little guy gets well quickly.

I lost count. Was fun while it lasted, but we ran out of candy. I don't feel too bad - I know I saw several of them at least twice. And what's with the adults who come to the door wanting candy?

I lost count. Was fun while it lasted, but we ran out of candy. I don't feel too bad - I know I saw several of them at least twice. And what's with the adults who come to the door wanting candy?

Yeah, I hate the teenagers who show up, not even bothering to dress up. They show up with their backpacks open just waiting for their candy. I'd really love to tell them to F off, but don't want to run the risk of them doing something. Instead, I just give them 1 piece of the worst POS candy we can find. The wife picked up some candy skull lollipops at Michaels for 89 cents of bag. They taste so bad, my 2yr and 3yr old won't even touch them.

We had about 15, possibly 20. Mostly younger kids with parents at the curb, all before 8:00. One or two older kids later with minimal (if any) costume, just shorts and a t-shirt, between 8:00 and 9:00. In some ways I'm glad that we're tucked away in a back corner of the neighborhood, in other ways I'm sorry we miss the rush. We had a 4-5 year old tonight dressed as a UPS man. His candy bag was a cardboard box. Very cute costume.

Chad

We had a 4-5 year old tonight dressed as a UPS man. His candy bag was a cardboard box. Very cute costume.

Chad

Man, I had to look where you were located. I thought you might be in our neighborhood. We had the same thing :D

five total as of 7:40 PDT.
It seems I am the only one in my condo building giving out candy.
Of the five , 4 were neighbors with kids I recognize.

The trick or treaters get to grab candy out of the big bowl and pet the big orange kitty if they want. Jupiter loves to go to the door and greet people. :D

update: 9:30 PDT Teens from the building next door. Nice kids. Jupiter was sleeping, so I let them pet ISIS the Doberman. They liked my Devil Dog. LOL.

9:50 Done for the night.

Zero, for five years. I'm 5 miles from town, including 3900 feet of driveway.

CDC was really pushing for no TrT this year.

I was shocked. I figured being on a weekend and a near-full moon would bring a bumper crop of candy beggars. We normally have around 100 but only 34 this year.

I'm the neighborhood nutjob who goes all-out for Halloween. Kids call us the "king-size house" because we only hand out king-sized candy. Now I've got nearly 100 extra monster candy bars around. Not a good situation for the waistline...

2009halloween3.jpg

And my count still stands at three trick or treaters. Fortunately, I didn't buy king-sized candy, but I do still have a pretty large bowl of snack-sized Milky Ways and Kit Kats.

I was shocked. I figured being on a weekend and a near-full moon would bring a bumper crop of candy beggars. We normally have around 100 but only 34 this year.

I'm the neighborhood nutjob who goes all-out for Halloween. Kids call us the "king-size house" because we only hand out king-sized candy. Now I've got nearly 100 extra monster candy bars around. Not a good situation for the waistline...

2009halloween3.jpg

Nice Indy costume...we had exactly that same amount of "beggarweenies" as the last 5 years...absolutely ZERO...

There's only 6-7 houses on our side of the tracks...:D

King-sized candy, huh...where do I have to go?

I haven't had trick-or-treaters in years. Forgot what they taste like..........:D

Seriously, I have lived out of town for about 15 years, so I haven't had trick-or-treaters come to my door in all that time. And I have to drive my kids to town so they can go.

I haven't had trick or treaters ever. Ever since we had kids we always go out with them. This year my kids stayed at our friends house while me and my friend took a few of the other kids for treats. It was pretty cold, so we hit 4 blocks and turned around.

I'd rather dress up and go with the kids than stay home and hand out candy.

This is from 2 years ago.

We had about 40 kids, but we live in a gated area.

One year the gate wasn't working and we got kids rolling out of slow driving Astro vans like soldiers in Black Hawk Down. 100's that year.

Last edited by a moderator:
We didn't hand out candy this year. We used our kids to score candy.

We had a lot of trick-or-treaters, but I was pleasantly surprised by a friend of my neighbor who held out a cup as he said trick-or-treat. He was wanting my homebrew! :) (I had only met that guy once before over a year ago and he had tried my homebrew).

Our T or T was last Friday, the 30th. We got 22 kids in two hours... it was just about the right amount such that it wasn't annoying.

And we had lots of leftover candy! :)

Back