Looking for a good winemaking book

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongo64

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good book on winemaking for a beginner? I'm thinking of trying some fruit wines this summer and would like to get read up on the subject.

There are a lot of good wine making books out there, and I have several, but the best resource in right on the web, and free: Jack Keller's website. Jack is known as the Godfather of Home Wine Making for good reason and his site has a ton of information as well as recipes. In my opinion, I wouldn't trade all the wine making books ever written for this site.

Thanks for the info. I've looked at Jack Keller's website and it looks like a treasure trove of information. I'll also see if I can browse through The Joy of Winemaking at Borders. Hopefully they have it.

Looking forward to strawberry, blackberry, peach, pear, plum, etc season. We have a lot of good fruit wine options in this area. Am I right in thinking these are a bit easier to get started with than grape wines? I'm thinking about trying a few small batches this year.

I just finished reading "The Joy Of Home Winemaking" by Terry Garey as well and definitely recommend it. Its an interesting read.

Back