flavor change with yeast washing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snailsongs

Reaction score
Ok, so I was all set to try out some yeast harvest and yeast washing, but then ran across this guys post:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f13/another-yeast-washing-post-13076/

In case you don't want to read it, he basically says that every time he has used his -self-harvested yeast, his beer has turned out "yeasty and truby", not tasting good.....no one answered his question either. so, has anyone had a similar bad beer from "used" yeast experience, or do you get the same results the second time as you do the first with your yeasties?

Snailsongs, That post was 3 years old and never got a reply? My, how things change. :D

I'm no expert, and am looking forward to using washed yeast for the first time in my next brew......A little tip for you....ignore the really old posts. Those are dark places where modern day experts such as Yooperbrew were plunging their hands into wort looking for bungs and stuff. ;)

Back