What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:)

ForumRunner_20110707_213757.jpg

Is this a "brewmasters" edition of Deschutes readily available Black Butte?
23rd birthday reserve, imperial version of the brand brewed with cocoa nibs and orange zest and some chillies and aged in bourbon barrels. I am not sure how exclusive it is, but here in Denver's largest liquor store, they had a four bomber limit per person, which is what they do with Pliney as well.

My first Russian River experience: Damnation

Definitely reminds me of Duvel, but it's less spicy. It's not my favorite style, but it's good for the style. I have bottles of Supplication and Salvation for later dates.

I was happy to find these during a recent trip to Colorado Springs. Thanks to AZ_IPA for recommending Cheers! and their great retail beer selection. Not surprised that I didn't find Pliny, but slightly disappointed.

Enjoying a Santo Palo in a classy PBR goblet and smoking a classy Swisher Sweet on the stoop... And actually I just put out the cigar. Bad idea lol.

Home brewed Rosemary Rye Saison, brewed with coriander, Saaz for bittering and finished with Sorachi Ace hops. Turned out way better than I expected. My wife absolutely loves it.

right now I have a couple that I'm chewing through... my local Sunflower farmers market routinely clearances out singles for $1 on beers that are being phased out or seasonal leftovers or just 6 packs that have been broken up etc...

Cafe Negro Porter.... Not bad... tastes like black coffee... a bit too much IMO

Abita Strawberry Harvest Lager... down here in AZ this is a nice afternoon beer on a hot day. I enjoy it so far

Nimbus Oatmeal stout.. first sip was only ok, but the more I went through the glass the more I grew to really enjoy it. a very multi layered beer with great aroma and heavy espresso caramel tastes with just a hint of bitter cocoa

Sam Adams Infinium Ale. Bought it awhile ago and wanted to save it for a special occasion.....till I noticed the enjoy by July 2011 label. Popped it open tonight. Not too bad, like a champagne style beer. I think I like it

ForumRunner_20110711_170420.jpg

How is that recipe?

twas a $80 recipe buying it all from a LHBS...

the beer is absolutely great at 12 weeks after brewing.

I did the DME version, but plan to brew it again but All Grain this time should save me some coin buy online as well.

-=Jason=-

Next, a liefmans goudenband.

It's delicious. Not as sour as la folie. Very complex though. Picking flavors apart with every sip. I'm glad for the total wine girft card because I would have never paid for these. But, now I'm considering a 2 year sour ale endeavor.

Deschutes Twilight Summer Ale

Wow!

I usually think of Deschutes as an "also ran," but this stuff is fantastic!

Both this and Inversion is on tap at the pub down the street. I might have to swing in after work and try this. Had the Inversion last time and was eyeballing the Twilight, but ended up heading to another pub down the way for some one run cask.

Back