What to request for Father's Day...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbeard5289

Reaction score
My son (& wife) asked me today what I wanted for Father's Day this year. I've been so busy that I kinda forgot that Father's Day is coming up.

So in order to give them some ideas of what they could get me, I figured I would start a thread and see what all of you want for Father's Day (or giving for Father's Day). Perhaps someone will list something that I hasn't crossed my mind before but would definately be on the "could get me this and I would love it" list. To keep this from being a "if I won the lottery" wish list, lets say a price range of 0-50 bucks.

So, what do you want for Father's Day? ;)

Redbeard5289

All I want for Father's Day is 5 hours of peace and quiet to be able to brew! And not have to worry about kids running around...chores to do...SWMBO nagging at me. That would be the most awesome gift I can imagine. Best of all its free!

All I want for Father's Day is 5 hours of peace and quiet to be able to brew! And not have to worry about kids running around...chores to do...SWMBO nagging at me. That would be the most awesome gift I can imagine. Best of all its free!

I know what you mean, my SWMBO is on the other side of the world right now giving medical to people in third world countries. I'm Mr. Mom at the moment, so I'm taking over mother's day next year to compensate myself.

A stainless Boil Kettle, or a old Keg that I could cut up and make a Keggle out of ....

and about $300 to buy grains and hops with !!!!

I too would like a brew day. I just brewed last week, but Another day is always great. The free day, a batch of ingredients and another bucket fermenter. That would be tits :D
That or a Sabco. Honey.....you there?

If not the refractometer, I'd say my March pump is the next best investment for the price. I know, it's over the $50 limit, but it's well worth it and improves my brew days tremendously.

PS, refractometer is much less fragil than hydrometer and takes only a few drops to take a reading. Truly a wonderful device to have in your brew box.

I love my refractometer! I see that AHS is now selling one with the SG already on it, so thats neat. No need to convert brix to sg.

Being able to take a gravity reading during run-off with just a few drops and not having to worry about the temp of the wort is awesome.

It would help if we knew what you already had. A refractometer is a very useful tool. A chiller if you don't have one.
Mash Tun or Turkey Fryer to go AG if you aren't already.
Brewing Books,
Corona mill so you can buy bulk grains,
Autosiphon,
temp controller for fridge or heater (yes you'll have to buy a fridge or something, but having the controller is half the battle.)

Besides Time and Equipment; what about books?
Any that you would recommend?

Redbeard5289

How to Brew
Designing Great Beers
Radical Brewing
The Complete Joy of Homebrewing
Clone Brews

Those will cover just about everything.

What about a $50 gift certificate to your favorite homebrew shop? Simple, quick, & you can pick it out to make sure its right.

All I want is a day to enjoy a bit of fishing in peace with a cooler full of cold ones :)

Peace and quiet for the day, a batch of ribs on the grill, and time to brew.

Steak and a BJ

There's actually an "official" holiday and webpage for Steak and a BJ Day. Lucky for me it's March 14, my wedding anniversary! Makes the anniversary date easier to remember. Father's day should officially be Beer, Steak and BJ day, so that would all be a given, followed by presents like good brewing gear. Now I'm kicking myself for not getting my wife anything great for Mother's Day, damn. So it might just be beer and steak day for me, if I cook.

This isn't in the $50 price range but neither is it winning the lottery. My girls gave me an early gift in two new 5g kegs from Williams Brewing.

Thanks for all the great ideas everyone!!!

I gave my son and wife a couple of options and told them to decide. Now I can't wait till Father's Day! :)

Hope this thread gave a few of you some Father's Day ideas too!

Happy Brewing!!
and Happy Father's Day!!

Redbeard5289

Back