slow action in airlock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cphair16

Reaction score
It’s been two day since I added more yeast to my batch of brown ale (killed the first yeast). But I’m concerned because I haven’t seen too much action in the airlock. I see maybe one big bubble very minute or two. Is this normal? If not what should I do. the temp is 66F

cphair16 said:
It’s been two day since I added more yeast to my batch of brown ale (killed the first yeast). But I’m concerned because I haven’t seen too much action in the airlock. I see maybe one big bubble very minute or two. Is this normal? If not what should I do. the temp is 66F

You say there's a bubble in the airlock every few minutes or so which means something is happening, i'm sure not every fermentation bubbles like crazy blowing the lid off. I hardly noticed any signs of fermentation on my first batch but after 10 days my hydro reading showed me that it had happened. So don't worry about yours just cause your not getting fireworks:)

I've Read thru all your previous posts on this batch and you say you repitched on the 4th dec.
It's doing something now so let it do it's stuff and take a reading around the 11th

Then you'll know for sure

If you have a three piece airlock, you get fewer, but bigger bubbles. Also, Browns tend to be gentle fermenters.

Back