Fermentation chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C17-EHSE

Reaction score
I've been looking around but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I want to convert a chest freezer into a fermentation chamber. I don't have a deep wallet, but I have the freezer, tools and the skills.. What is the simplest way to do this? Is there instructions somewhere and I just couldn't find them?

Thanks for any help :mug:

Nothing to do but make sure the freezer works and your fermenting buckets or carboys fit. Then hook up a temperature controller (lot's of options) and you are in business. You can buy temp controllers pre rigged or you can rig them your self. They come as digital or analogs. It is really easy to rig your own temperature controller.

This is a picture of a Ranco 111000 purchased from Patriot Supply on Ebay - under $50 shipped. Then purchase an appliance grade extension cord and find a wiring diagram and hook it up.

Hope it goes well. Let me know if you need a link to a wiring diagram

DSC_0002 (3).jpg

Nothing to do but make sure the freezer works and your fermenting buckets or carboys fit. Then hook up a temperature controller (lot's of options) and you are in business. You can buy temp controllers pre rigged or you can rig them your self. They come as digital or analogs. It is really easy to rig your own temperature controller.

This is a picture of a Ranco 111000 purchased from Patriot Supply on Ebay - under $50 shipped. Then purchase an appliance grade extension cord and find a wiring diagram and hook it up.

Hope it goes well. Let me know if you need a link to a wiring diagram

Thank you so much! I'm gonna go that route. :rockin:

Back