What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying hard not to murder my children.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408149263.303813.jpg

Jalapeno Pale Ale.

This is a homebrew given to me by a friend. The smell and taste of jalapeno is quite prominent ad you can definitely feel the heat on your tongue. I've never had a beer with peppers in it before and I'm still trying to decide if I like it.

It's certainly an interesting beer.

Morimoto Soba Ale at dinner (at Morimoto). When in Rome I guess.

Brewed by Rogue, ingredients suggested by the chef I guess. Not bad, little toasty.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408149912.407746.jpg

SWMBO and oldest daughter are not fans of Southern Tier's Imperial Pumking *smirk* I kind of like it, Thanks to Hello for hooking me up! I' afraid that if I go through my thoughts on this beer, that I'm going to come of sounding like the guy doing the video beer reviews. I'll try to make it not too obnoxious! Aroma: pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin, no mistake...with vanilla/pie crust. The same carries over in the initial taste and quickly goes through a little bitterness that becomes alcohol in the nose when I exhale. Then it's lingering vanilla...almost like cream soda. Crap, that sounded pretentious and I'm not even knowledgeable enough to really give competent reviews! *sigh*

DSC05287.jpg

**** running just lift some weights. Ultimate fat-burner.

Yeah, but with my schedule, i have to hit the gym at 0430. Sleep has been more important as of late.

View attachment 217936
It took everything I had not to crack one on the way home.
Home now! :)

Jealous!

Me either, after living in the amazon jungle when I was in the peace corp I got over being a picky eater with that said I can't stand Ethiopian cooking. I guess it's a good thing I wasn't stationed in Africa.

I don't know. I will eat anything once, but absolutely love Ethiopian food. Greasy, yes. But spicy goodness.

Started with an aborted (two sips) wild HB, then moved to a blind pig while making eggplant parm, now on a Warlock while waiting. SWMBO didn't want a gueze.

Oh, and wrong thread, but glassware that I picked up in Alaska.

Second pour of the Pumking...at 8.6% ABV, this bomber is going to be good for the next half hour.

Love Ethiopian food, by the way. SWMBO is very sensitive to strong incense, though and that's found in most of them. And there aren't many to choose from in our area.

Was told that a local brew restaurant is having their brewer quit and that they expressly want me to apply (although they have never tried my beer, nor talked with me before and only know that I brew through a family member who works for the same company). There is no way I can let myself quit my job and take an at least 1/3 pay cut in order to take the job. I could probably afford it but things would get tight. I am wondering if maybe I can arrange to pick it up as an evening/weekends type part time job. Supposedly they have their own recipes and do not really want experienced professional brewers.

Its fun days like this week that make it even more tempting.

Water.

Yeah, this is from 30ish pages ago and I don't care...

doooooooo iiiiiiiiitttttt....and then you can swing by where I'm brewing professionally and I'll swing by where you're brewing professionally and all these amateurs can sod off...:D:ban::tank::p:fro:

I'm drinking soda. No beer last night, don't think I'll be having any tonight. But I get to wake up at ass o'clock tomorrow and drive a couple hours to judge some sours in the morning and stouts in the afternoon. And unfortunately miss the Spurs/Hammers match that I desperately wanted to see. Why couldn't it be at 10AM London time so that I can get up at an even assier o'clock and watch it before I leave...

Ethernopian food always leaves me hungry.

/political incorrectness.

Yeah, me and my buddy were making Starvin' Marvin jokes earlier. Going to Hell.

I bet they only have Bud Light on tap there.

I'll be joining y'all there. I almost spit out beer from laughing when I read that. But billy Joel said it best..." I rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints". I'll bring the home brew

Water. Feeling bloated after a big dinner, a couple of homebrews and a couple of Big Storm Amber homer beers.

HB Belgian Pale I'm calling "Bee Kite" Single hop w Nelson Sauvin.

When my buddy and I brewed this beer, he had a little too much of the Centennial Blonde. We had the garage door open and an enormous bumble bee flew in. He decided it was a good idea to try and make a bee kite. He caught it and tried to tie some string around it's abdomen. Hilarity ensued. He failed in bee kite but succeeded in obtaining an extremely swollen thumb. Good times.

doooooooo iiiiiiiiitttttt....and then you can swing by where I'm brewing professionally and I'll swing by where you're brewing professionally and all these amateurs can sod off...:D:ban::tank::p:fro:

I'm drinking soda. No beer last night, don't think I'll be having any tonight. But I get to wake up at ass o'clock tomorrow and drive a couple hours to judge some sours in the morning and stouts in the afternoon. And unfortunately miss the Spurs/Hammers match that I desperately wanted to see. Why couldn't it be at 10AM London time so that I can get up at an even assier o'clock and watch it before I leave...
you're mean.

HB Belgian Pale I'm calling "Bee Kite" Single hop w Nelson Sauvin.

When my buddy and I brewed this beer, he had a little too much of the Centennial Blonde. We had the garage door open and an enormous bumble bee flew in. He decided it was a good idea to try and make a bee kite. He caught it and tried to tie some string around it's abdomen. Hilarity ensued. He failed in bee kite but succeeded in obtaining an extremely swollen thumb. Good times.

Hahaha...random acts of general jackassery make me laugh.

Ended up getting hooked up with some roasted barley by a brewer at tallgrass. They were brewing zombie when we were there, thank god!! Even let us snoop around. Very cool experience and they loved my brett pale ale. Had multiple sierra nevada pale ales and now my last zombie monkey to celebrate.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408153762.750433.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408153773.687001.jpg

Sorry for the double posts. darn phone. now on the laptop. Killed the warlock, now a HB patersbier.

SWMBO and oldest daughter are not fans of Southern Tier's Imperial Pumking *smirk* I kind of like it, Thanks to Hello for hooking me up! I' afraid that if I go through my thoughts on this beer, that I'm going to come of sounding like the guy doing the video beer reviews. I'll try to make it not too obnoxious! Aroma: pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin, no mistake...with vanilla/pie crust. The same carries over in the initial taste and quickly goes through a little bitterness that becomes alcohol in the nose when I exhale. Then it's lingering vanilla...almost like cream soda. Crap, that sounded pretentious and I'm not even knowledgeable enough to really give competent reviews! *sigh*

Surprised. That is one of the SWMBO's favorite.

First, good luck. Second - what are you judging? I am doing the VA beer cup tomorrow.

How did you end up with that? I didn't see them in AK!

Latest posts

Back