My Rig - Single Tier Multi Stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zosojohnny

Reaction score
I've gotten so many good ideas from the site, I thought I would share with you my rig that I've been putting together. I really wanted to build a single tier system but I don't have anywhere to store a big old rig that I see others have made. I can fit the whole system in my Milan if I want to go brew at a friends and I can store the whole thing out of SWMBO's sight in the attic over the garage.

I decided to build it modular. I've tried to incorporate many of the features that I've seen others use site glass, 23 tip burner, QD's, silicon tubing, March Pump in the toolbox... One thing that I haven't seen from anyone else is to use Armaflex on the mash tun effectively turning it into a cooler. I've also wrapped the burner stands with tin for those windy Michigan days.

The welds aren't all pretty and I haven't painted it, but it's very functional and I'm looking forward to my first brew with it in a couple of weeks.

Hopefully, this will give a different perspective and provide someone else on the board with some ideas that they can incorporate into their own build.

3311316173_d65d9ef27a_m.jpg

The system

3311317315_4abf7fd081_m.jpg

Top down view of one of the two burner stands

At the foam factory here in Detroit. Not cheap about $37 for a 2x8x3/4 sheet of it.

Back