Cheap pump and FDA approved 12v 100c

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think silicone would stretch over the inlet, its .55", output side though not so sure. I keep looking at some of these little pumps for moving hlt water around the coil. might beat stirring and cheaper than a 2nd march

I was looking at this one as a possible sous vide pump.

Both are available on Amazon.

Did you see how small this is?
51O9wss5-2L._AA300_.jpg

I'm using the 12v one....works amazing for how small it is. I use it to recirc the water in my HEX. But I read that its not rated above 120f(I think,if I recall correctly) so I mounted a bulkhead fitting to drain the HEX into the pump, then back into the other side of the HEX.

I'm using the 12v one....works amazing for how small it is. I use it to recirc the water in my HEX. But I read that its not rated above 120f(I think,if I recall correctly) so I mounted a bulkhead fitting to drain the HEX into the pump, then back into the other side of the HEX.

It looks like it says that it is rated for 100° Celsius. Should be good to go for anything we want to do.

Yeah you may be thinking of a different on that they sell.

JonGrafto said:
Do you think I could use this to transfer water from my brew kettle up and inside my igloo cooler? Wasnt sure if it was limited as far as how high it could move liquids.

It's only rated for a 3' lift and 29 gal/hr.

Lol....no...I am referring to the one that firststatebrewer posted a picture of, because I have first hand knowledge of it...
The really small one.

with that 12v I could afford to build a reasonably cheap single tier system, I was planning on doing a two tier with gravity giving me a hand.

Those pumps have a purpose, but I am not sure brewing is one of them. The one pictured is next to a dime, its purpose is to circulate water in a waterbath, it won't move water from one tank to another very well.

That's the one I use to recirc in my HEX. It does what its rated for...29 gal/hr with a lift of 3'. A nice little pump for the money.

And here's the video for the dc12v 108G/hr pump. Sorry the video sucks, no tripod, the lights are poor and I was too excited to get them tested asap :D

Works really well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back