I'd love to try some of your beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaundesjardins

Reaction score
Anybody want to send me some of your beer? I'll pay for the shipping to have it sent to me and I'll even ship the bottles back if you want.

Make sure you include as much info about the beer as possible.
I'll make sure to write up a full review of the beer so you can get an outsider's opinion on it.

I would be looking for 1 bottle only of course. I'm simply looking to try different brews of members have created to get an idea of what is possible with homebrewing. I don't know anyone local that homebrews so I'd love to try your creations.

Any takers?
I'll make sure to offer some of my brews to anyone interested once and I create my own recipe. (still just learning the basics and using kits)

:mug:

Do you have a homebrew club in your area? Mine meets each month, and we taste a wide variety of beers...usually 6-8 commercial, followed by 15-20 homebrews. I can't imagine a better scenario for tasting a wide variety of homebrew.

Do you have a homebrew club in your area? Mine meets each month, and we taste a wide variety of beers...usually 6-8 commercial, followed by 15-20 homebrews. I can't imagine a better scenario for tasting a wide variety of homebrew.

I wish I knew of a club in my area. I agree that would be the best way to try different brews. I posted a message in the introductions forum asking for local people to make themselves known. I'd love to join a local homebrew club or even eventually start one if there isn't already one.

I'm in the Ottawa area as well , I agree it would be nice to have a decent local gathering to exchange tips , tricks and sample each other's creations.

Who knows , let's wait and see if we have others on the forums here that live in our area. :mug:

I'm in Ottawa and I'd be very interested in this. Unfortunately, I'm just getting started and don't have much to offer yet... I've made a decent stout from extract, but that's just about gone. I have a nut brown bottled, but I'm skeptical that it will turn out. I have some Apfelwein that should be ready in a month. Lastly, I have a Ed's Haus Pale Ale fermenting. Like I said, I'm just starting out, so I don't quite have a pipeline setup yet...

Well that's already more than me steve... I just started last month and only have a batch of Coopers Ale and
a batch of Munton's anniversary Ale bottled and aging. We all got to start somewhere I guess.

We should do an Ottawa meetup sometime and do a beer sampling.
I only have 3 batches under my belt and only 1 of them that I really like so far. (Hefeweizen)

Where have you guys been buying your supplies?
I've only been buying from Defalco's in Orleans so far but I'll be buying from Austin Homebrew Supply soon too.

I’m in Ottawa too and would be interested in this as well. Also been dealing with Defalcos… ugh, overpriced and interesting how they store dry yeast on a shelf when they have a half empty hops fridge, but it’s the best we have for a retail LHBS, I think. Have you guys joined Members of Barleyment? Members of Barleyment - Canada's Virtual Brewclub they have a mailing list where they organize group buys/tasting etc. I just joined to try to get in on some group buys and meet some homebrewers in the area. The list is a bit of a pain compared to discussion forms, but it keeps them connected.
If you guys meet up I’ll gladly bring some samples, plus I’ve only tasted one other person’s homebrew, and it was his first batch.
I have some kits done (brewhouse kit cream ale and red ale) plus some AG beers, APA in the keg, Special bitter in bottles (as of yesterday) and an English IPA fermenting. Been brewing AG for about 3 years now and made about 20-30 batches so far.

I’m in Ottawa too and would be interested in this as well. Also been dealing with Defalcos… ugh, overpriced and interesting how they store dry yeast on a shelf when they have a half empty hops fridge, but it’s the best we have for a retail LHBS, I think. Have you guys joined Members of Barleyment? Members of Barleyment - Canada's Virtual Brewclub they have a mailing list where they organize group buys/tasting etc. I just joined to try to get in on some group buys and meet some homebrewers in the area. The list is a bit of a pain compared to discussion forms, but it keeps them connected.
If you guys meet up I’ll gladly bring some samples, plus I’ve only tasted one other person’s homebrew, and it was his first batch.
I have some kits done (brewhouse kit cream ale and red ale) plus some AG beers, APA in the keg, Special bitter in bottles (as of yesterday) and an English IPA fermenting. Been brewing AG for about 3 years now and made about 20-30 batches so far.

Yeah it seems like Defalco's is the best we have. I usually go to the Orleans location since I live in Orleans. They keep the dry yeast in their hops/LME fridge there which is good. Their selection is ok at best unfortunately.
I only have 3 batches under my belt. My latest brew was my own recipe for a basic Hefe which came out REALLY tasty. I'm looking to make a stout or porter next.

I have since the members of barleyment mailing list. I'll probably sign up soon.

Hey, I'm in Ottawa too. Kanata to be specific. I'm a nub with only one bottled brew, and another fermenting right now, but it's good to know there's other brewers nearby.

I've been using Defalco's on the west side, they have all the essentials i need for now. There's another place in Dunrobin with a larger selection of malts, but I haven't checked it out yet.
Skinaney Brewing Supplies

Hey, another from Ottawa here, just started brewing but i have high hopes. I would love to arrange a little gathering were we could swap stories, ideas, and BEER!!

I was just pulling your chain.... I think there are guys on here that brew on Mars so Ottawa can't be to hard to find...try starting a new thread with "free beer in Ottawa". ..... I'll bet you get all kinds of responses. Lol

Back