What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Newbie here, yesterday received my Groupon basic brew kit (w/Irish red ale kit) from Midwest.
Fedex delivered (from Rebel):
21" SS spoon
2x muslin bags
Wort chiller (Polarware) but disappointed how small it is!
32qt Brewrite kettle (very nice!)

Today I should receive my 2.5gal keg kit from kegconnection along with:
Carbonator
O-ring lube
CO2 cylinder holder
Brew clean
Star San
Thermometer
Socket drive (for keg)
Worm clamps
Poppet valves (back-ups)
Regulator Gauge Cage

Tuesday I should get the rest of my stuff (this one from Love2Brew)!

Go BIG or go home! LOL

Robert

Well, I haven't received it yet, but I did get the shipping notification in my email today:

8oz of Chinook pellet hops
12oz of Galaxy pellet hops

Should be on my doorstep sometime next week! Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to brew with them... :D

My haul from Northern Brewer for a porter and an RIS.

ForumRunner_20120724_212640.jpg

Got my Barley Crusher w/ 15 lb hopper in the mail today. Ordered it yesterday from love2brew. Best price I could find and super fast delivery. I originally ordered the 7 lb hopper but they were out, so Ron called me straight away and asked if I would upgrade to the 15 lb hopper. I said yes and he threw in a free t-shirt. Will definitely order from them again. Also expecting my Johnson temperature controller and stir bar tomorrow.

10 lb light DME and 4 lb container of PBW in the mail today.

Forgot to report last week: used corney, universal poppet, and some Irish moss. Used up some gift certificates I won at a spring competition.

My Midwest Supplies winemaking Groupon kit was sitting on my doorstep when I got home yesterday. Guess that means I'm making wine this weekend, and now I have a 2nd empty carboy to fill with something. Gonna be busy at my house this weekend :mug:

What came in the mail for me today???

The wrong temperature controller! :(

Back to China it goes.....

Unfortunately, nothing. I've been getting something every day for the last few days so it was kind of disheartening to not get anything today. The good news, is I now have everything I need to brew a lot more effectively, conveniently and flexibly than I could before I had all this stuff.

So today my Auber PIDs, timer and RTD probes came along with a 6 pack of switches from China and a plug. My enclosure came today also. Well, sort of. I ordered a 400x400x300 from the popular guy on ebay. What I got was 2 400x300x150. I've emailed him and now am waiting for a response. Overall, a good day for mail I would say.:ban:

Today's Mail.jpg

Hose clamps for the beer lines of my keg fridge. Bye bye worm clamps, hello gapless Oeticker clamps.

My order from midwest came in yesterday afternoon. My 1st partial mash kit,their cascade pale ale. It's supposed to be like SNPA. And 15oz of the NZ hops they had for 25% off. 3oz each of all 5 varieties. Looks like I'm about set for now.

My first order from Hops Direct: 1# UK Fuggles, 1# UK EKG leaf, 1 bar Hop soap (what can I say, I like funky artisan sh!te).. Had to head to work before I opened it, but I can't wait to parcel it out tomorrow!

Not today, I forgot to post yesterday, but I got my new 12" SS false bottom. Installed it this morning and tested the dead space. Soooo much better than with a SS braid.

Williams Brewing: shank and faucet assembly for keg fridge expansion, a few odd corny parts.

Stainless Brewing: various NPT fittings to reconfigure my HLT. (Thanks for the fast ship, Zach - stainlessbrewing.com KICKS ASS)

My Grain Bills for the Yooper House Ale and Fizzy Yellow with hops and assorted extras that needed re-stocking!:ban:

2012-08-08_17-37-38_963.jpg

Lets see... I got another corny with fittings and hose, ingredients for three batches (oatmeal stout, imperial California Common, and a small saison), white lab's 585 platinum strain, some little odds and ends like a fermometer adn some airlocks, and a new better bottle. Good haul!

oops, forgot to keep up on this. Well, I got 3oz. ea. of Pac Gem and Motueka hops two weeks ago and 60lbs. of grain last week.

Next week I'm getting 200lbs. of grain freighted (along with 1450lbs. for others) to my work.

:rockin:

I got some 1oz glass bottles and glycerin. Going to try the whole frozen yeast bank thing tomorrow.

A friend sent me 2 pounds of Trader Joe's whole bean coffee for the eventual split batch of chocolate coffee stout.

Back