Today is a very good day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bosh

Reaction score
Well my first beer gave me a lot of problems, but just had my second beer last night and DAMN. I had it in primary for three weeks and it has only been in bottles for four days and its already awesome. After all of the frustration with the first beer, the quality just makes me very very happy.

Very simple beer, munton's yeast, 2 kg of DME, 84 grams cascade hops, and at least a kilo (not sure how much exactly) of unfiltered unpasteurized honey from the wife's grandmother's neighbor's farm. Very smooth, no off-flavors whatsoever and the cascade flavor and the honey flavor (good bit of honey flavor still beacuse of the type of honey used and because I don't think that munton's yeast gives a very high level of attenuation) go great together. Still cloudy, I think it might stay cloudy because of the unfiltered honey but it has a nice solid gold color.

A bit bland by my tastes (but then I think that Harpoon IPA and most stouts are too bland) but everyone else really loved it :)

Yay!

Back