Pilsner? Help wanted

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisdon

Reaction score
Hey guys I am pretty new to homebrewing but I can tell its not a hobby I am going to stop. My second batch is currently conditioning in the bottles and I just had a question about what I should call it.

I set out to make this brew an easily drinkable light bodied summer ale with slight peach flavoring. I also wanted to experiment a little so that I could make something original while still using extracts.

I got a pilsner extract from my local homebrew store but decided not to follow the "normal" hopping characteristics that pilsners have. Instead of causing a stronger more bitter hop profile I chose to use fuggle hops at 4.8% alpha acid to create an excellent aroma but a little less kick in the end of the hop profile.

I guess my main question is what should I consider this ale? I am currently making a label and do not want to mislead if this is no longer considered a pilsner. Any help welcome! Thanks! :mug:

-Chris

If you used an Ale yeast. A Golden/Blonde Ale with Peach.

To be a true Pilsner it would have to be fermented with a lager yeast.

Back