Brewer's Best Dortmunder question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dale1038

Reaction score
This is my first, and everything has been brewed up. Primary for 2 days with quite a bit of activity that started at 12 hours. After doing some research it's apparent that Dortmunder is a lager. The kit lists the beer as "Dortmunder Style" so I'm hoping everything will be fine here. I'm assuming they intend for it to be fermented like an ale, as the directions say "keep someplace warm, 68-72 degrees." I used the Nottingham yeast packet that was included...which is an ale yeast correct? I'm obviously getting the first batch crazies as I can't find any info. Sorry for the long post, but any help would surely be appreciated. Thanks.

bump

Anyone? Is this sucker an Ale or Lager? I still can't find anything. I'm getting ready to email brewer's best.

I't's a dortmunder "Style" meaning it is dortmunder ingredients and an ale yeast...Everything is fine. I've brewed it myself...brew it like you would any ale.

Back