Brew sculpture for those wo. welding skills

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maho

Reaction score
Just saw that my local costco has this industrial wire rack for only $139 + tax
Costco - Whalen™ Industrial Storage Rack
(Only weblink i could find was Costco Canada)

By modifying the wiredecks and putting it on casters you could use this for a heavy duty brewing setup w lost of extra storagespace above and below.

Shelves are rated at 2000lbs should be more than enough for our use.

Just a thought. I don't have room myself, but if I did....

Hommel Homebrew
Kirkland WA

Just saw that my local costco has this industrial wire rack for only $139 + tax
Costco - Whalen™ Industrial Storage Rack
(Only weblink i could find was Costco Canada)

By modifying the wiredecks and putting it on casters you could use this for a heavy duty brewing setup w lost of extra storagespace above and below.

Shelves are rated at 2000lbs should be more than enough for our use.

Just a thought. I don't have room myself, but if I did....

Hommel Homebrew
Kirkland WA

At $360 one would be too rich or out of their mind to waste good money on those racks. I have thrown away and given many of those from Cosco remodels over the years. kept two for engine blocks and tranny's, same with spare motorcycle engines and tranny's. I have seen them go for $50 and less used.

I used these heavy duty wire racks from Costco. Think I paid $70 for a pair of them this size:

rig_together2.jpg

The shelves are rated at 250#, which should be plenty, even with the hole cutout for the BK. I just added a little support under the cut area. I sat on the top shelf and it held my 200# without complaining.

-Joe

I have 3 of these for storage in the garage gorillarack

They are 189$ at Northerntool and have a 4500lb capacity Dont know why they only show 3 shelves mine has 4 I bought them at Sam's

rack.jpg

Couldn't resist, so I just picked up one of these yesterday at Costco Kirkland. $139 and about 200lbs. They were running low though, only about 4 left

I think it is very similar to the Gorilla Rack above, exact same measurements but w. 4 shelves and $50 cheaper.

It would make a beautiful setup, I plan to use mine as workbench/storage though.
Manufacturers link is here: Whalen Storage - Garage/Industrial Solutions

Hommel Homebrew

Latest posts

Back