Haier Kegerator??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mainebrew

Reaction score
I just lit mine up a couple of days ago and purchased a new dual tower, I believe it comes with 2 5 or 6' lines should I extend these? I have a 3 gal corni of brown ale in here now and I get about a 1/2 of glass of foam @ 9 lbs of co.

Any help appreciated:tank:

There are a few reasons you could be getting foam, but the most common is line length and line width. The width should be 3/16th ID (im sure if it came with your tower then its the proper width). Also for line length i think 6 to 7 ft is good. Line is pretty cheap so i would replace it if its easy for you to do.

Keep in mind that usually your first pour will be foamy since the beer warms up a lot coming up to the tower. The second pour usually isnt as foamy. Finally, its possible you overcarbed your beer. Dont know what strategy you used, but if you forced carbed it may be over carbed and you might wanna bleed pressure.

Sorry if I'm telling you things you already know. Just wanna be thorough.

No, thanks for the input, I forced carbed this 3 gal corni at 25 lbs for 24 hrs then backed down the reg to 10 lbs for a week. It now has been 2 weeks under serving pressure which seems to be good in the glass. I may attempt to adjust the pressure up or down very slowly and see what happens. Also bought 20' of tubing today and am going to try to maybe put 8' on them each. I also will check temp I think I am around 34-38 deg but I will check on a thermocoupler tonight. I will actually put it in my glass of beer to get a true reading.

:rockin:

Back