Got AG gear assembled (and fairly cheap)!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cweston

Reaction score
I ordered a converted keg-kettle yesterday. I made a mash/lauter tun from a cooler I already had with a CPVC manifold and an in-line valve in the high-temp vinyl tubing that exits the tun through a rubber stopper. It's all water tight. (Actually, cutting a 1/2" hole in the rubber stopper was the toughest part. I wanted the manifold to be portable to go in a 34 or 48 Qt cooler, in case I want to do 10 gal batches.)

The keggle cost me about $100...everything else was nickle and dime. I have another cooler with a spigot that I can use as a HLT.

The only problem is that now I've maxed out the beer budget for a little while, so I won't get to try it out for several weeks.

Fortunately I have a couple cases of the beers I'm drinking, 6 cases bottle conditioning, and an impromptu IPA that I brewed with a friend this weekend in primary. I'm the only beer drinker in the house, so that's definitely going to hold me for a while.

Baron von BeeGee said:
Anybody want to start a pool on how long cweston can stare at his new rig before he breaks down and buys some grain?

LOL--not long, I'm sure.

Good thing I don't have a non-lame LHBS nearby. I can order from Morebeer or Austin Homebrew, but there's no sense ordering less than $60 worth, since that's the threshold for free shipping.

It's a tough call, though: playing with new toys vs a few nights on the couch...

Back