Need a digital temp controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gator_brewer

Reaction score
I'm looking to put the final touches on my bar and the last thing is a keggerator. I got a chest freezer off craigs list, and the next step is to get a temperature controller so I don't freeze my kegs.

I looked on eBay and nothing there matches what is shown on NB. My question: I'm on a tight budget, so what is the best/cheapest temperature controller? I've been looking for a couple days, reading old posts, and nothing seems to make sense.

Any help? Thanks!

How do you connect those to the fridge? On ebay, everything like that had a wiring diagram going with it. Not sure if I want to be splicing power cables.

For free: Check here Granted, not digital, but free is free.

For relatively cheap: Here

And the item is:Here

Splicing power is easy, but you don't have to destroy the freezer itself. You can just buy some extension cord and wire that in. Just plug the freezer into the extension cord. There are a ton of diagrams in the thread. Digital temp control can be had for less than $40. My ferm fridge has one of these for heat and cooling.

I like the idea of using a power cord. If I mess up its only a couple bucks rather than a hundred or two.

I feel a lot better now and swmbo will be happy I'm not speeding $100 on the controller.

Thanks a ton

Back